Chapter Eight: Ashborn on the Loose

Lancaster Plains...
3rd Person POV

Satanael: What the hell is this thing!?

*RRRRAAAAAWWWWWRRRRR!*

With the roar of a thousand lions, the Ashborn that stood in front of Satanael took the first turn in this fight to the death, pouncing towards the God Eater with its activated thrusters like a speeding bullet. As it pounced towards him, Satanael dashed aside it at a similar pace, feeling its boney armor tear through the skin of his left arm as he spun himself around. His God Arc transforming into an axe mid-spin, he used the momentum he had built up, alongside his unnatural strength, to slam the serrated blade into the side of the Ashborn's skull as it landed paws first.

Satanael: HAAAAH!

*C-C-CRACK!*

*RRRRAAAAAAA....!*

The Oracle cells that formed the Ashborn's armor on the side of its skull shattered as the four-legged beast was knocked aside by the impact of the weapon. As it rolled aside, Satanael charged towards the beast as electricity began to surge throughout its body. Spotting this, he backed away as the beast held its chest up in another earth rumbling roar. As it did so, several large bolts of thunder struck all around it in three consecutive waves. Watching it roar, Satanael cursed himself under his breath as blood dripped down his arm from the burning scratch; His weapon returning to its chakram form.

Satanael: Dammit... it got me pretty good.

Fenrir: As did you.

Satanael: Pfft... I did no such thing.

He then pointed out the beast's shattered side of its skull.

Satanael: It's skull is shattered, yet its still moving.

Satanael: And that was in the weapon's axe form, no doubt. And with its aggression, it sure as hell isnt gonna let us go...This is gonna take a while.

Fenrir: Oddly enough, its glowing, like a mineral vein.

Satanael: It's clearly an Aragami...

As the thunder bolts dispersed, the beast's two boosters on its back began to merge together before rotating a full 180 degrees.

Satanael: But as it is obvious...

His eyes widened in panic once more as he noticed a laser pointer blinking slowly at his bleeding arm coming from the beast's merged boosters. Dashing towards the beast in a zigzagged pattern, the laser pointer altered back and forth between speeds before he lauched himself towards it.

Satanael: I've never seen such a thing!

As he launched himself towards the beast's boosters, the laser pointer on it began to violently blink before firing off a large beam of electricity like a cannon. As the beam was fired, Satanael had deployed his shield, awaiting the impact of the laser's beam. Unfortunately, he soon discovered that the laser itself was less of a beam and more of a plasma cannon as the projectile bashed against his shield, launching him into the sky as the Ashborn gave chase, its boosters separated to provide extra mobility.

Satanael: JESUS!

Looking down at the ground as he flew across the air, the Ashborn had already caught up to him as it lept up to take a bite out of him, its boosters serving as makeshift gyros.

Satanael: Quicker than Hannibal, arent ya!?

Changing his Arc into gun form, Satanael made a guick aim and fired off what few blaze shells he had. The first hitting its paw while the second hit rhe shattered part of its skull. As the shells exploded in a fiery blaze upon contact, the Ashborn fell back short as the impact of the shells interrupted its trajectory. As the God Eater touched ground, his Arc retracting back into his chakram form, the Ashborn pounced once more towards him. Though in this instance, a few blue orbs of electricity had formed on both sides of it. In response, he sprinted towards the beast with his head down and used the serrated edge of his chakkram to aim upward as he cut through its underbelly while running.