She can't handle not knowing what's happening with him - it's been too long since he moved properly, and she wants to watch everything he does, even if it isn't good.

"Shit," Louisa swears, and Avery nods.

"Yeah," she mumbles shakily, looking around the room cautiously.

The smaller children are being cuddled by their parents, their eyes covered by hands or being blocked by bodies.

"It's okay; he's just reacting differently," Avery announces, "like when Amy couldn't move when she woke up."

Some of them slowly nod, but the younger ones look less impressed.

Toby sucks on his thumb and curls up into Hayden's lap, his dark eyes looking into Avery's.

She gives him a small smile, and he hides in Hayden's shirt, peeking out after a minute.

"Okay, I'm gonna see what they want to do with him," Avery sighs, running a hand through her hair.

"Keep me updated, please," Louisa pleads, and Avery nods absently.

"Of course I'll phone you later. Is the baby okay?" She asks, and she can hear a little giggle on the phone.

"She kicks when she hears your voice - right now, it feels like she's playing a game of soccer. She's okay, not ready to leave any time soon," Louisa sighs, chuckling as she holds her bump lightly.

Avery releases a little laugh before she says goodbye to her sister.

Louisa has changed for the better, at least in Avery's presence.

Her therapist forced her to see her attitude from other's perspectives, and it seemed to have worked. Avery wasn't going to question it; it was nice to be building a relationship with her sister, especially since York had been absent for over two months.

York's body gradually stops jerking as the medication he was filled with starts to take effect.

Slowly, the five doctors who had been holding him down released him, looking between each other and him as they step back from their Alpha.

They look around, and they all seem to lay eyes on Avery at the same time.

"Oh, Alpha," three of them stutter out.

Avery nods at them blankly, stepping forward and looking them evenly in the eyes.

"What was that?" She asks calmly, and one of them clears his throat, stepping forward to speak.

"We think it was a reaction to the alcohol. He hasn't been awake in nearly three months, it was probably just the shock of it too," he reassures her, and Avery raises her eyebrow.

Hayden appears by her side, resting a hand on her upper back while holding his son on his hip.

"You okay?" He murmurs under his breath, and Avery nods, smiling down at Toby.

"Okay, so what can we do?" Avery asks the doctors, clasping her hands in front of her and straightening her back a little.

Hayden gently rubs her back, staring at the doctors.

They seem slightly reluctant to talk in front of him, but he doesn't move, and Avery doesn't ask him to.

The presence of her friend is comforting, and she knows that nobody will dick her around with somebody as dominating as him around.

The fear he created rivalled the fear she could cause, and she respected that.

"We're going to bring him out of the induced sedative slowly. We might give him a paralytic so that he can't move when he wakes up," he announces after some murmured conversation with the other doctors.