Chapter Three: Help

-ARTEMIS-

10:15 A.M., Tuesday, Gotham Academy

Artemis walked confidently down the hallway. It was breaktime, and she needed to find Dick Grayson.

A few minutes later, she found herself standing in front of a social studies classroom. She scanned the classroom and found Dick with his head on the table. At first, Artemis thought he was tired, but then realised he was sleeping, and the whole class, including the teacher knew.

But strangely, the teacher didn't do anything.

After a long boring lesson about who-knows-what, everybody filed out of the classroom. A orange haired girl nudged Dick awake. When he walked out of the classroom, Artemis pulled him to one side. The orange haired girl opened her mouth to protest, but Dick waved her away.

"Artemis. What a pleasant surprise!" Dick rubbed his eyes, obviously still drowsy from his sleep.

Artemis stared at him, "You were asleep in class, and the teacher didn't punish you?"

"Nope. I have straight A's in my report card."

Artemis widened her eyes in amazement. Well, at least I know I got a smart guy. Bette wasn't lying.

Dick raised an eyebrow, "So you pulled me away so you could discuss about how I sleep in class?"

"Uh, nope," Artemis felt hot with embarrassment. She looked around and saw clumps of students chatting everywhere, "Is there someplace more private we can go? I want to ask you something, and it doesn't need everybody in Gotham to know about it." Especially not that sneaky little bird boy that might attend to this school, Artemis thought bitterly.

Dick shrugged, and to her surprise, entered the social studies room. 

When Artemis closed the door and Dick settled himself in a chair, Artemis looked at him and said, "Okay, so this idea will sound super crazy to you, and what I'm asking you to do is going to be a bit extreme,"

"Uh huh," Dick said half-heatedly.

"But would you be willing to help me figure out the identity of Boy Wonder?"