Chapter 7

Chapter 7: Melissa

I was at the edge of the compound with Isabella when the lights flickered. We shouldn't have stayed for that long in search of food, but I couldn't help it, since I hadn't had a decent meal in like forever.

"Ugh! Dammit." Isabella cursed. "This is all your fault that we are stuck here! You stupid food addict!" 

"Be quiet. We don't want to be found-" I whispered.

"I don't care! I just want to show you what you get for messing with me! This is a trap I know it!"

She pulled my hair and smashed my head on the wall for every syllable that she said. I was bleeding like mad.

"plea-" I started, only to be smashed onto the wall again. I was going to faint. My vision became blurry and and everything started swaying.

Although I was about to pass out, I could tell that Isabella was harshly lifted off me by a unknown figure. 

Wait.

An unknown figure. 

It took me about five seconds to register the figure beating Isabella in front of my face. I scrambled hopelessly as I tried to get away. Muffled screams pierced the silence in the hallway. 

Isabella was limp in the murderer's arms, as he took a few more blows to the the head. I finally got to my feet and ran a few steps down the hallway. I fell again. My vision kept on failing me. I pleaded with myself and used up all my strength to get up. I fell a few more times. I ended up dragging myself to the main room. I felt the presence of other people.

Maybe they were just angels taking me to heaven. 

My fluttering eyelids closed and I drifted off into a void of darkness.

Then the lights flickered back.

•••

I opened my eyes. Was I in the afterlife already? It didn't look like hell nor heaven. It was more like purgatory. I recalled my thoughts when I realised who the eight people were staring down at me were.

"She's awake!" squealed the girl next to me, who- if I assume correctly, was a girl called Rose.

"Oh! I thought she wouldn't make it." mocked Lauren, "It would be funny to see two people die tonight and the Game Master freaking out on what to do." 

She earned a few looks of disapproval from around the room.

"Okay. Okay. I'll leave." Lauren sniggered and left the room and into the girl's dorm.

"What's happening?" I croaked.

"It's fine, you jus-"

"Fine? Yeah crawling into the main room covered in blood and fainting on the floor is totally fine with me." Jason said sarcastically.

Rose glared at him while she tried to wipe off the thick coat of blood that stained my forehead.

The information took me a while to process, but when it did, all the memories of Isabella's murder flooded into my mind.

I gasped. I choked on air. 

"Jason just leave already!" Rose exclaimed. "Look what you've done!" 

I tried to compose my emotions. 

"N-no, I'm f-fine." I stuttered, "H-how long was I away for?"

"Not too long, I guess about twenty minutes?" Rose said, as she continued dabbing at the wet cloth on the wounds on my head.

Twenty minutes. Twenty minutes ago I was dragging myself into the main room trying to stay alive.

I gasped again.

"Did the murderer do this to you?" asked Elaine from across the room.

She was that kind of girl who hardly said anything and reminded me of a chameleon. She blended in so well, that sometimes I forgot she was there. 

"I-Isabella." I managed to choke out.

"Are you telling me that Isabella did this?" Elaine continued.

I nodded. A few tears fell from my face. Everyone looked concerned and scared. Lauren giggled from the girl's dorm. 

All I wanted was to go back to sleep.

Rose saw this and helped me up. She propped my arm over her shoulder and assisted me back to the girl's dorm. She laid me down on the bed and got up to leave. 

I should have thanked her for nursing my wounds, but all I could do was close my eyes. I was depleted from the long day. 

I soon fell into a nightmarish sleep.

---------------------------------------------

Wow. This chapter took too long to write and WAY too much of my brain-power.

Hope you enjoyed Isabella's last moments, because you won't see her ever again. Hehe im so cruel... 

QOTD: Who do you think is the murderer?🍀GL to everyone guessing!🍀 

Have a great day!

W.Kells (QQbunny) 😘