I AM SATAN'S MISTRESS and I have a SERIOUS problem. Chapter17

sorry it has taken me a tad to upload. My city was kinda flooded. Makes things more complicated. here it is! PLEASE COMMETN/VOTE/Recommend to others!!!

love you all my wonderful readers!

kiki

xoxo

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter 17

Alice was pulling me through the market at an incredible pace. Clearly Alice knew where she was going; I definitely did not. I also had no idea where Raphael was.

"Alice. Oh my god, ALICE! Stop, Stop!"

"What?"

"Raphael. We lost him!?!"

"I'm here!" He slid around a store, depressingly graceful. The dirt from the ground was slowly smudging up the clothes. He looked a little stressed. "Sorry, got caught a little bit back!"

"You scared me Raphael! I thought we had lost you!" He smiled at the look of fluster on my face/

"Sorry Madam." Raphael linked his figures through my own gloved figures. As soon as Alice saw that Raphael had successfully joined the train, she started pulling again, forcing us to stumble blindly along behind her.

"I know this friend, who has this step aunty or something. She lives in this apartment place on 25th, and has a bunch of rooms free. I don't have no money to be able to pay for a room - you have money right? She'll love you guys! Wanted to rent them out for ages. They are nothing great. Apparently a whole lot of people have been dropping lately." Apparently Alice had the same ability as a surprising large number of children, and didn't have a need to breathe while talking.

"Dropping what?" I asked the girl, as we exited the markets.

"Dropping dead." Raphael muttered to me. Alice nodded at him.

 "Yeah yeah. Anyways, now you got a place!"

The place was a bit of a walk from the markets. It turned out to be a 4 story apartment block. Alice was right, the owner, who was named Mrs Vine, was more than happy to house us, if we could pay them. And that Raphael could do. Despite having just taken a wash, Mrs Vine took one look at the little girl, and refused to let her enter the building. Alice waved goodbye without another word, and scampered away.

Mrs Vine lad us up three flights of stairs to our new room. She muttered on the way, about the weather, and her previous tenants being 'unreliable.' Mrs Vine was an elderly lady, in her early 70s, with a harsh frown and white as heaven hair.

She looked at the two of us as she ushered us into our new home. With Raphael looking like a male model, and me looking slightly guilty at being with him, she was curious to find out more about us. But our money created a barrier that made her determined not to breach.

She left us at the door. Our new apartment was small, and smelt a little musty. Raphael placed our only bag on the bed, and went to open the windows. I sat down on the tiny, wooden, kitchen table. My immediate attention fell into the room next door, that had only one bed. I wondered if Raphael will still have a problem with that.

"What's our plan?" I asked him. He turned around, deep in thought.

"We wait here until higher up decides on a course of action."

"Really?"

 "Yes Darci. We need to have a precise plan. We can't just go marching into some unknown situation, we need to make sure that everything will be okay before we go ahead with anything."

The doorbell rang, and as I jumped up to open it, he still continued.

"I'm serious Darci. No wondering off on your own, okay? We will wait for a plan to be made!"

"Okay, okay. Relax." I muttered, as I opened the door. A young lady, with a platter of cookies, stood in the doorway. I noticed the cross that swung proudly on her chest. "Hi."

"Good morning. I had baked these this morning. Was just wanting to say my greetings, and offer them!"

Raphael, who must have noticed her cross, was suddenly standing by my side, with a genuine, warm smile.

"Thank you so much! That is most gracious of you!" He said, his words like silk. She looked at him approvingly. I frowned a little, trying not to get too upset.

"Oh, it's not a problem. Really! My Name is Margret."

 "Good morning Margret." I passed the plate over to Raphael, who took it willingly. "My name is Darci, this is Raphael." I smiled warmly. She looked at us closely.

"Raphael. That's a beautiful name. Did you know that one of god's angles is named Raphael?" The lady looked at him, her piercing eyes searching for a response. He shrugged, glancing away from her, seemingly confused by this unknown situation.

"Fancy that." He muttered. I resisted the urge to laugh at his awkwardness.

"It's such a beautiful name. I believe he was the angle of death, actually."

"Healing, I believe," corrected Darci without thinking. Both their neighbour and Raphael looked at her. "Or so I have read... Anyways, it was wonderful to chat. No really, it was. But we actually do need to settle in. Like, now." Raphael nodded eagerly.

"Right. We should go. Nice meeting you Margret!"

"Likewise."

We really didn't have much to unpack, from the one bag we brought with us. By mid afternoon, I had single handily eaten every single cookie of Margrets', and was bored out of my brain. Raphael had disappeared a while ago to get fresh food, and some more clothes. He didn't let me go with him.

By the time I heard knocking on the door, I was beyond desperate for something to do. I literally threw myself across the room, and yanked open the door, thrilled that Raphael was finally back and I could actually do something rather than be stuck with my own thoughts.

It wasn't Raphael at the door, though. My heart dropped when I recognise the smirk before me. How could I forget it? I use to be the lover of it's owner.

Satan was at my door.