bounty hunter - 1

Začať od začiatku

"You have plenty saved up, you could take a vacation." Roky gazed at your available funds.

"Where's the fun in that? I get to travel doing this work, what more could I ask for?" You watch as his fingers dance across the keys of his keyboard, changing the status of the bounty to active.

"I suppose pros like you do find this work to be quite the thrill. You're all set. Dead or alive, the reward is 500,000. He was last seen in Yorknew City, you've got a coupon for a free flight-"

"Save it. I might use it for my vacation." You tease slinging your bag over your shoulder.

"See you soon." Roky nodded as you headed out the door.

Yorknew City. Isn't there some big auction happening there soon?

✞━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━✞

Upon your arrival in Yorknew, it was significantly less rainy. The cool breeze mixed well with the warm air. It certainly didn't feel like it was nearing the fall season.

With a visual of your target in mind, your first task was finding a place to stay. You'd be able to come in and out it frequently, but you also wanted to find a relative area close to your target and where he was last seen.

Yorknew City was huge. Luckily for you, you had just the right amount of time to sit and sift through security feed cameras. It was usually easier said than done, but being a bit of a people-watcher, you enjoyed sifting through the possible millions of cameras scattered around the city to track down targets.

It was like watching new episodes of your favorite tv show. Each feed showing different angles and plotlines. It was like a different world entirely.

You could also deduce some factors. Such as the man being an escaped convict. He wouldn't be hanging around highly populated areas, or highly populated police areas. You could cross out large crowds of people and places where police traffic was high. You'd stick to the smaller corners of Yorknew and work your way in.

Checking into a small hotel in an area you wanted to search through first, you made your way up to your room. It was quaint, definitely small, but tidy. However, upon entering the room, you began to feel uneasy.

Spotting small cobwebs all over the corners of the ceiling, you began to worry. You had to be one of the biggest arachnophobes in the world. Every time a spider or even the thought of a spider crept into your mind, you were filled to the brim with anxiety and fear.

"Oh come on." You grumbled, praying that it was just built-up dust. You could deal with a little dust. But if there was a spider somewhere in this room, you're not sure if you could sleep in it.

You'd killed and collected numerous bounties, but against a measly arachnid, you were yet again defeated.

Pushing away the thought of an eight-legged creepy crawler hiding out in your room, you unpacked your laptop and began your work.

After about three hours, you had a lead.

Just as suspected, he'd entered a small hardware store on the outskirts of town, one that happened to be near you. Guess your nose had led you in the right direction.

You'd barely even used your nen. A specialist with a sixth sense. A medium, to some extent. I mean what's better than calling upon the dead and asking them to lend their powers for a little bit?

Crypt Caller, your nen ability. Able to summon the forces and gain power from those who have died. It's an incredible thing really. You've made friends with a few of the dead, calling upon them to use their powers a lot. Your regulars, as you call them.