what happens when Mal isnt the only one who can't swim? drabble

what would happen if when Jay tossed Harry's hook in the water and Harry couldn't swim?

*pretend Harry cant swim*

*reader is a half mer half human*

=

Harry felt the pressure of the water cage him in, his limbs unable to move anymore, his jacket weighing him down into the depths of the water.

He had made a stupid mistake, jumping into the water after his hook after Jay had tossed it in, knowing he couldn't swim.

But it was the only thing his father had given him as to be apart of his legacy. He saw shadows build against the rails of the dock and ship, but they were becoming harder to see as the moments went by.

A shadow passed by him, sandpaper skin brushing against his.

Right....sharks, harry took a sharp breath out of fear, his lungs filling with water with the stupid move, he started to panic, beginning to move around in the water wildly, tiring him even more

He heard faintly heard someone dive into the waters, he looked up, seeing a shadow move closer and closer as the darkness swirled around him.

It was too hard to stay awake, his eyes closing as his body gave in to the ocean around him.

He passed out

-

A hand grabbed his jacket, wrapping their arms around him and planting their feet into the bottom of the ocean, using their legs and pushing them both back up to the surface.

Uma screamed in relief as Harry's form popped back up, the girl's tight grip keeping him from going back under. "Harry!!!!" Uma sobbed, reaching out and helping the girl get Harry back onto the docks.

"he passed out, meaning he definitely breathed in some water, give me some space" the girl breathed, her (e/c) eyes looking into Umas for permission. Uma nodded frantically, she couldn't lose her best friend.

-

You quickly remembered your mother's CPR training for water intake, you put your ear to his mouth and nose, eyes widening as no airbrushed against you. You sat up, pinching his nose and pressing your lips to his, breathing into his mouth and his lungs.

You pulled away and started chest compression's, counting as you did so.

The race to save his life began as you cycled from breathing into his lungs, chest compression, and waiting to ear any breath.

It almost seemed hopeless before water erupted from Harry's mouth, his eyes snapping open as he coughed and puked out the seawater, you quickly lifted him from his back to his side, hitting his back to help get any more water out.

"thank god" Uma sobbed, she was afraid she had lost her friend forever.

"meh-hook, jay he-" Harry coughed out, you turned back and looked over the edge of the dock, seeing a small glint of metal at the bottom.

"keep him on his side and his airways clear" you ordered, diving back down into the deep. You were glad for your slight lung mutation you had gotten from your mother as the hook was all the way at the bottom.

Finally reaching the hook you grabbed it and launched back up to the surface, taking a breath of air as you breached the water.

Some of umas crew leaned over the docks and reached out to grab your, lifting you back onto the docks.

"here" you sighed, handing the hook to uma and standing. You looked up, seeing Lonnie standing at the edge of the tunnel, preventing mal from kicking in the bridge.

"(y/n) come on!" you looked down at Harry, seeing him look back at you in wonder.

"you're welcome" you mutter, running towards your friends and away from umas crew.

=

"who was tha" Harry muttered, staring intensely at the spot where the (h/c) girl stood.

"dunno, she saved your ass though" uma sighed, looking over harry as she did so. Harry, slowly lifted his hand to his lips.

They still tingled with fireworks.

---end---