Blood is strong thing.

When her breakfast was ready, Granny placed it on the table and caught the tail end of the small girl’s conversation; “I want to see Robin Hood while I am eating my breakfast mommy. Do you think Robin Hood would like to come see me?”

The old woman stayed still, and she instantly turned her head to look at Regina. The former Queen gave Granny a look which told her that Anny didn't know anything about her father and for the time being it would stay that way. Then told her daughter that she will see Robin Hood later. 

How ironical.

''You are a beautiful, young girl you know that?'' Granny smiled and tweaked Anny’s dimples. 

''Thank you old lady,'' Anny said innocently while she grabbed her sandwich and started to eat. 

''God, it's scary how your daughter is like you in everything,'' Granny pointed out. ''Anything for you?'' she asked Regina. 

''A cappuccino thank you'' Regina said politely before she took a deep breath and opened her mouth again. ''Actually, I want to ask you something,'' she said, looking Granny in the eyes.

Granny looked at Regina and she understood everything. 

''He is probably at the cemetery’’ Granny said, like it was the most natural thing in word. 

Regina's eyes widened, ''Wait, what? Why?'' she asked, her voice louder than before. 

''You mean you don't know anything?''  the old woman asked before going to sit next to Regina. 

''Know what? Tell me what happened.'' Regina demanded. 

Granny saw on Regina’s face that she didn't know anything. How could she? She’d been out of town for three years. 

''Okay Regina , I want you to stay calm'' Granny said pointed at Anny who was drinking her cocoa now and playing with her doll. 

Regina nodded and Granny started speaking. 

''When you left from here, Robin wanted to leave in order to find you. He explained to Marian that he couldn't let you go, because he only loved you.''  

Regina's eyes widened, her words caught in her throat.  

Granny took a deep breath and continued; “Marian then she said she won't let him to see his boy again one night, took Roland and left. But Marian didn't know how to drive properly and before she could leave this town she had a car accident. She died.'' Granny stopped again and looked at Regina. 

She was shocked and she didn't know what to think, but she had to ask... So she took a deep breath, afraid of the answer and yet she asked with trembling voice ''And Roland?''

''We don't know'' Granny breathed shaking her head. ''They never found his body, all the town was searching him but we couldn't find him. Even the dark one did everything he could. So Robin was sure that his boy was dead, and after six months of searching, he decided to give his son a funeral with empty grave.'' Granny finished in a sad tone, her voice like a whisper.

''No,'' Regina breathed while tears running from her lashes, ''and Robin, how is he?'' she asked instantly. 

''Not good Regina. He walks around like a lost cause. Nobody's talking to him because they’re afraid of him. He is not the Robin you knew; he is cold person now, he drinks a lot, he lives alone in the woods and at night he walks the city alone, looking around him, whispering Roland and your name.” Granny stopped before looking back at Regina, her voice low and very quiet. “He’s tried to kill himself twice, Whale saved him the last minute.''

Regina didn't notice that she had lost the fight against her tears until her daughter had climbed in her lap and asked; ''Mommy why are you crying?'' with her sweet little voice full of innocence. 

Regina wiped her tears instantly and hugged her daughter tight.

''Don't worry sweetie; mommy is okay'' she said, trying to hide her tears.

Taking a deep breath Regina got up and asked Granny if she could take care Anny for a while.

''I need to find him please,'' she begged the old woman. 

''Of course Regina '' Granny said in a soft tone. ''Don't worry we will be fine. Right Anny?'' she smiled at the girl.

''I want cookies'' Anny said looking at the candies in front of her.

''Oh I have a lot more inside, do you want to see?'' Granny said playfully, “Your mom has to leave for a while, will you stay with me and make some mischief?'' 

''I want to see the cookies, old lady.'' Anny jumped and grabbed Granny's hand.

Granny laughed and Regina smiled weakly. After all the things she had heard she couldn't even move properly. 

''Anny you will be good girl, okay honey?'' Regina gently asked her daughter. 

''Yes mommy but you said we got here for my daddy, I want to see him.'' Anny said loudly and everybody inside Granny's looked at Regina with eyes wide open. 

Granny cleared her throat and snapped everyone to mind their own business, then she turned her head to the former Queen and her daughter. 

Regina took Anny in her lap before she spoke'' Honey , your daddy is sad right now, I have to go and find him, alone and then we will come back here together okay?''

''He doesn't love me?'' Anny asked and started crying. ''But I’m good girl.”

Regina hugged her daughter tightly ''Sweetie, of course you’re a good girl, and your daddy loves you very much. I just need to go and find him so you can make him smile okay?'' she said in soft tone. She didn't know how Robin will react about Anny but she had to tell to her daughter something good. And Robin would surely love his daughter, Regina found it hard to wonder how anyone couldn’t.

''Okay,'' Anny said while Regina gave her to Granny. 

Kissing her daughter one last time and giving Granny a grateful look, Regina left as quickly as she could. 

To the cemetery.