Chapter 9: Game Over

Scott didn't give us any water. My tongue felt like sand by the time it was midnight. Scott left Stella and I there for about an hour so far. Stella was asleep next to me when I remember how I tied her ropes.

I kicked her awake, sending a jolt through her body. Her head snapped up, her icy blue eyes looking at me with fear. I gulped what little saliva I had and said, "You need to get out of here."

She untied her ropes and started to undo mine.

I jerked away and shook my head. "No, don't worry about me."

"But he'll take you away!" She exclaimed, tears present in her eyes.

I sighed and said, "The FBI will find better use of you than me right now. Besides, it's easier for one to escape rather than a crowd."

She stared at me and whispered, "You might die!"

I smiled and said, "Then it was time for me to go."

She touched my face and smiled. "You'r such an amazing girl. Dr. Reid is lucky to have you."

Then, she bolted out of the doors, and went to the FBI. She darted towards my best girl friends, Penelope, JJ, and Emily. She ran towards my freedom, Derek and Aaron. She ran towards David, and she ran towards my love:

Spencer.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

I fell asleep a few hours after Stella left. I prayed that I didn't judge her wrong and thought that she'd actually help me.

But, the blue lights outside of the library window told me enough. I had judged her right. I stood and hopped quietly towards the window. I saw Uncle Aaron and the whole team breaching through the side doors of the computer lab. I looked around and saw Stella sitting in the car with David who had a map in his hands. She was directing the team to find me, while David was radioing to the team, repeating what ever she said.

The library door burst open, and I turned with a smile on my face. My face fell when I saw that it was Scott who had a whip in his hands.

"Where's Stella?!" He yelled.

He turned the whip sideways and aimed for my cheek. I quickly ducked down and rolled behind a library case. I scooted as I heard yelling in the hallway.

Please let them find me in time.

I let out a scream when I felt a sting running from my mid-thigh, all the way down to almost my ankle. Heat rose in my leg as I pushed towards the door with my good leg.

I heard a click and stared down the barrel of a 45 when the team entered the room.

My voice was caught in my throat. I didn't know if I should scream or I should cry. But when Derek began to attempt to talk Scott down, I could finally breathe.

"Scott, look at me. Put the gun down."

Scott's piercing eyes darted to the large man by the door.

I looked at the doorway, attempting to find comfort, but Derek's eyes were solid and a menacing look filled him. JJ eyes were hard, but a but softer than Derek's. Emily seemed utterly pissed, and her eyes flickered towards me. She looked from me to Scott repeatedly.

I nodded an gulped.

"Scott..." I said quietly.

How should I play this? Should I be the scared little girl? Should I be the romantic girl? What do I do?!

He looked at me, sincerity in his eyes. I guess scared seems to work with him.

"I'm scared." I admitted.

He nodded and said, "I am too. I don't want them to take you away from me. We just got back together!"

I smiled and said, "I guess this will be a tragic love story. I'm sorry this all turned out this way."

His eyes were a mixture of anger, love, and tears.

I gave a soft, dry laugh and said, "We'll be the next Romeo and Juliet. They'll be talking about us for a long time."

He lowered his weapon and asked, "Will you visit me in jail?"

I gulped and said, "I'll see if it's manageable."

He dropped his gun and fell to his knees. He locked his finger's behind his head, his eyes never leaving mine. As Derek put the handcuffs on him, I felt hands envelope me.

"Let's get you out of here." JJ said.

Emily walked behind us while holstering her gun. I sat in the nearby police car with a blanket around me and the door open, my feet on the concrete. They gave me a water bottle and a bag if chips, that being the only food they had on-hand.

Scott walked out of the library and into the cooling air. He looked at me and his face changed. From anger to love. He jumped towards me and yelled, "I love you Ashley!"

I couldn't bring myself to smile back, which made his face fall.

I looked at the ground in shame, and heard my name being called. I stood and took a look around the area, then being thrown almost off-balance.

I heard a cry and my black-haired mother enveloped me in a hug. "Oh my god, you're alright!" She cried.

I coughed, and hugged the older lady back. My father was in my eyesight, seemingly angry at his brother. While my mother, Melinna, cried into my shoulder, my father, Thomas Hotchner, was yelling at my Uncle.

And I knew that it was all over.