5. Don't Do That To Me

Chapter Five.
Anastasia's Point of View:

[PLEASE VOTE AND COMMENT!!!]

I could say that I wouldn't have expected to be spending my second day back in Jonsville with Harry but that would be a lie. It seems that when our two souls are close enough now that it's inevitable for us to gravitate towards each other. As much as I would like to avoid Harry to prevent anymore damage on my heart, he will always be the one person I cannot shake. I think everyone knew that, including Zayn.

"So, how did you and Zayn start?" Harry inquires as we start our journey to the local grocery store.

"After about six months of me being on my own and only spending my day's with Louis or school work, I finally gave him the time of day. He was my first step of facing my past and me and him have always been such good friends so we spent a lot of time together and it just happened." I respond, placing my leg over the other as I adjust myself in his car that smelt like his cologne.

"You two were always good together," He nods.

"So, have you had any girlfriends?" I inquire, not wanting to talk about me anymore.

"Yes, a few." He chuckles, tapping his thumbs on the stirring wheel.

"A few?" I raise an eyebrow.

"There was Rose, who I only dated as a rebound to get over you. Then there was Liza, who was just an older woman who really woke me up and helped me get my life together while also giving me some love on the side. Then there Ellie, she was such a sweet girl and she was so gentle with me but she was so perfect and I got into my head and ruined it all." He explains, a small frown reaching his lips at the mention of the last girl.

"Do you miss her?"

He shakes his head. "No, I just feel guilty. If she should would have met me years later from now she possibly could have been the one for me."

"If she didn't feel like the one for you now than she wouldn't be the one for you later." I tell him.

His eyes flicker towards me for a moment as we stop a stop light. "Is Zayn the one for you?"

My heart jumps at how his eyes pour into mine and the tension in this small car makes it unbearable to think straight and lie to him. I open my mouth to respond but nothing comes out and a small smile reaches his lips.

"He's not," He answers himself before he presses his foot to the gas pedal when the light turns green.

"Please don't," I sigh, looking away from him.

"Don't what,"

"Don't do that to me. Don't make me rethink things or have me doubt my love for Zayn. If we're going to make it within this trip than we have to be just friends and leave our past behind us." I respond.

"Okay," Is all he says before he fall into silence the rest of the car ride.

I knew what he was doing. He was trying to get into my head and mess up everything all the walls I have built between me and him. As much as he was someone I couldn't shake, I had to still keep us at a distance. I am still devoted to Zayn and he's been there through almost all of it with me, despite of his absence with work he's still there. He loves me and he was willing to fight for us and not give up on us when we were going through a hard time. He didn't go out and leave me with a letter.