Chapter 1 - Kyuuna's POV

Chapter 1 - Kyuuna

I'm being chased. I can feel the breath of something sinister follow my every step through the darkened forest. Only the stars are there to guide me, only the moon herself grants her light to my path.

I run, breathless, my exhales evaporating into fine mist as I jump over yet another frost covered log. My knees scrape the bark, and for a second I succumb to the sting that feels as a burn on my skin. I don't stop. I keep going. Even when my muscles are pleading me to stop, I continue through the woods.

I can feel her catching up on me.

Suddenly I can see a faint sparkle of light, illuminating my steps as I try to keep my balance on the slippery moss path. My heart skips a beat, and I take a leap forward. If there is a house nearby, it would be my rescue.

I'm so focused on the source of the light that I don't see the fence in front of me. I slam against it and get thrown to the other side of its miserable rot. My jaw hits the ground, opens a wound that makes me taste blood and panic. I know I've lost my chance of ever getting out of this alive.

As soon as the terror hits me, my body freezes. I can only tremble on the ground, the dry hay moving in the wind in front of me, the silence of the forest glooming onto me.

I can feel her getting closer.

I try to move my hands, my legs, any part of me actually, but I can only see the ashen skin that goes on goosebumps as I attempt my futile effort. I lick my lips, taste the warmth of my lifeline dripping down my mouth. Is this fear in its purest form?

I hear her steps getting closer. I hear the jump she makes over the fence, and then, there she stands. Her white skin glows in the dark, her pitch black eyes don't give me any mercy as they dagger through my soul. She doesn't say a word as she crouches down in front of me and grabs me by the hair.

I whimper. The white glow of my hair gives out a warning glimmer.

"Going somewhere, princess?" She mocks, taunts me, and I bare my fangs at her.

"Ursa..." I spit out the words, literally spit at her face. Ursa doesn't let go of my hair, instead the tug gets stronger as she wipes her face with her blood stained hand.

"So rude," Ursa sneers. She trails her fingers on my cheek, her nails scraping the skin and making me shiver. Is this it?

"You've given me a headache today," Ursa sighs, dramatic, exaggerated. "I don't care for weak little plant nightmares giving me shit."

"I'm... not... weak," I growl, even though I'm still unable to move from the exertion and fear. White thorns grow on my skin as a pathetic warning for Ursa.

"Oh, right, I forgot," Ursa fake gasps, "you're the leader of the White Lilies. So tough, so fierce. Too bad that's going to nipped in the bud..."

I know Ursa is referring to the lily on my back. I know her intention is to kill me cold blooded, and to take my flower as a memento.

Ursa stares into my eyes. It's a battle of the night's darkness and opal fire. And then, as soon as she peers a bit closer, I show the last crumble of my pride.

I launch forward and bite down into flesh as hard as I can.

Ursa shrieks of pain. She rips herself away from me, but my fangs are holding on tight. I can taste my own blood, mixed with hers.

As soon as my little rebellion starts, it ends. Ursa manages to elbow my face so hard that I have to release her from my bite. I fall to the ground, spitting blood all over the barren grass and pine needles. I know I've done it now, but I won't go down without a fight.