Prologue

Mark leaned back, placing his laced hands on the table, avoiding the eyes of the girl in front of him.

The bill was already paid, Mark had paid it when he excused himself to go to the washroom earlier. He inhaled deeply, knowing that tears were welling in the girl's eyes.

"You're breaking up with me, aren't you?" The girl, Kim Sohye, said, her voice cracking.

"Sohye, honestly, we're going into the last semester of high school. You're working to get into architecture, which means you won't have time to date anyways." Mark told her.

"You're only saying that because you're just as busy, Mr. President."

Ouch.

Sohye got up, the sound of the chair against the floor making a loud noise, much to the discontent of the people around them.

"Whatever, I'm going to go now." Sohye said, picking up her purse.

Mark bit his lip. "Do you need a ride?"

Sohye gave him one last glance. "No, I'll just bus. We're over, anyways."

...

Renjun groaned as he reached his arm out, shutting off his alarm clock. School.

After ten more minutes of rolling around in his bed, he finally decided to get up, taking a quick shower before changing into his school uniform.

The uniform consisted of navy blazer and grey pants, grey pleated skirt for females. Renjun adjusted his bright blue and navy tie, tightening it so it was snug against his neatly pressed shirt that was tucked into his pants.

After avoiding his parents, he finished his breakfast, washing the bowl before grabbing his bag, making his way to the bus stop.

"Renjun!" Renjun stopped in his tracks as he heard the sound of a female's voice. He turned around to meet Han Goeun, Renjun's next door neighbour and classmate. A smile crept up onto his face.

"Hi Goeun." Renjun said softly. "How was your summer?"

"It was amazing! Minho-oppa took me to a camping trip with his family, it was so fun!" Goeun told him excitedly. Renjun's eyes faltered at the sound of the name of Goeun's boyfriend, Minho.

"That's nice." Renjun said as he turned back around, the two of them now walking side by side. Goeun nodded.

"Oppa promised me he would take me out today too." Goeun told him. She quickly turned to face him. "Oh, that means I won't be taking the bus home with you."

"That's fine." Renjun said softly as he felt his stomach twist inside him. Goeun quickly gave him a smile.

"Are you sure? You always whine about me ditching you." Goeun teased but Renjun shook his head.

"It's okay, I'll probably be working in the art studio anyways." Renjun lied. Goeun nodded, the two of them arriving at the bus stop.

You and your perfect boyfriend.

...

Jeno waited outside the house for his girlfriend to come out. He smiled when he saw her.

"Good morning." Jeno said with a smile as Jiyeon walked out of the building towards him.

"Good morning." Jiyeon said, adjusting her backpack. "Let's go."

Jeno nodded, the two of them hurrying to the bus stop. "It's a big year for us."

Jiyeon nodded. Jeno was now the basketball team captain while Jiyeon was the head of the dance team. The two had began dating at the end of the semester, after the last game of the season.