"What's so funny?" Nara asked him. Renjun smiled.

"You make it sound so complicated." Renjun pointed out. Nara put her fork down.

"It is complicated! I just lost my childhood and the man I loved this entire time doesn't even want to talk to me!" Nara exclaimed. Renjun shook his head.

"Jeno probably just wanted you to figure out how you felt so he said he wanted a break from you. He actually likes you a lot as well, Nara. Just ask him to dinner or something and he'll probably forgive you." Renjun told her.

"What about Jaemin?" Nara said. "He probably hates me."

"Maybe for the next 24 hours. But if he really is your best friend, he'll get over it. He had his chance with you for years now but he had waited for you to fall for someone else to confess." Renjun said.

"I mean technically, he never confessed. I eavesdropped, remember." Nara mumbled.

"Exactly." Renjun said. "Remember, time heals all wounds."

"Right." Nara muttered unconvinced. "What should I do with Jeno tonight then?"

Renjun shot her a look. "How am I supposed to know? I'm not the one marrying him."

"Renjun!" Nara said, shocked by his words.

"What? Have you forgotten the fact that this whole competition is surrounding your marriage?" Renjun asked her.

Honestly, I did, Nara thought as she shook her head. "Everything is just happening so fast."

"Well, if I were you, I'd probably stop chatting with my Selected and start preparing for my proposal instead." Renjun said, giving her a wide grin.

"At least let me finish my breakfast first." Nara grumbled as she forcefully shoved a bite of food into her mouth, Renjun throwing his head back in laughter.

...

Nara had decided to spend the rest of the day fixing herself up for the night. She took a nice long, relaxing bath after breakfast and then proceeded to spend the remainder of the day in the palace's spa.

The maids had told her the three Selected boys were spending time together in the Men's Room, simply binge watching some shows and snacking together during their day off. Apparently, they had a good time and their laughter could be heard from the halls.

That's a good sign. That means that Jeno will be in a good mood tonight.

Nara had just finished dinner with her parents, informing them of the big decision she was making that night. They had both told her that they fully had her support, and wished her the best of luck.

I'm going to need it, Nara thought as the maids finished curling her hair.

Nara wore a simply navy A-line dress with nude heels, a silver diamond necklace around her neck as her hair fell down her back

"Did Jeno get the note?" Nara asked a maid. She nodded her head.

"He recieved the note and thanked me for it after opening it." The maid told her. Nara thanked her before grabbing the red velvet box from her vanity.

Here goes nothing.

...

The night was peaceful and quiet. A white blanket laid across the grass, Nara sitting on it as she tilted her head back, staring at the night sky. Soon a dark figured joined her. She immediately stood up to become face to face with Jeno.

Jeno wore a simple striped shirt and jeans, a black leather belt around his waist. His hair had no product in it, his bangs covering his face. He wore a serious expression on his face as he stood there, staring at her.

"Jeno." Nara said softly, reaching out. She quickly retracted her hand, motioning to the blanket instead. "Please sit."

"After you." Jeno said politely. Nara nodded, sitting down on the blanket. Jeno quickly followed suite.

Nara watched as Jeno's head fell back as he stared at the stars in the sky, his jaw dropping. "Wow."

Nara couldn't but smile at his reaction. She took a deep breath, trying to recall the words she had rehearsed but her mind had gone blank. A small squeak escaped her lips instead.

"Hm?" Jeno said, turning to face her. Nara felt her heart drop to her stomach.

Those eyes.

"Did you want to talk about something?" Jeno asked her. Nara opened her mouth but no words came out.

She gave into her nerves and somehow ended up passing the red velvet box to him. She watched as Jeno's eyes widened as he opened it, the ring inside gleaming in the moonlight.

"Nara, what is this?"

———————————————————————————

My wifi sucks im so mad :(