Chapter One - "Black Out."

Chapter One

    "Stan...," Dipper said gloomily in front of a tombstone. He edged down and gently touched his forehead to the stony shape. "I hope you find more mysteries even up there..." His gaze tilted up at the clouds as he sighed softly. He put a pat to the tomb and knelt up, shuffling his shoes on the dirt hill. He sauntered off into the woods, hearing chirruping birds and trotting deer.

Flipping through the empty pages Dipper scouted the land for new mysterious things and creatures. Well there was no luck since he's on the flat grassy soil without a great view...speaking of great views...Dipper strode to a stony mountain surrounded by an empty space with trees circling around from a distance. He tucked the journal into his bag and placed his sneaker on a proper edge, then stretched up to reach another with his hand.

    Soon vanquishing the top with his climbing skills Dipper gazed out of the plains beyond. The trees barely moved up in this sight as the wind led Dipper's hat away. The young man made a startled yelp and nearly leaned off the small, pointed top of his watching spot. He made a heavy sigh and caught a glimpse of bright yellow under a tree where his hat was sailing down towards. Dipper narrowed his eyes and risked all the way back down the sturdy mountain rock.

Once reaching the fresh, lush green earth he ran after his twirling hat which seemed to dance with the wind...literally. His hat made weird moves as if it was a goofy dancer. Once he reached his hat near a branch an arm and a finger touched his nose. 

    "Nu-uh-uh~," sang the echoing voice that hid in the shadows. The black glove that hid the bright-skinned hand dipped back into its camouflage.

Dipper never said anything and dug through his bag, swiftly taking out a camera. He grabbed his hat from the ground and gripped his camera firmly, stepping into the shadows. Nothing was visible as the forest suddenly began to darken its color. Only a bright yellow glow from a suit glittered in his eyes. Slowly a hand dove into Dipper's backpack and rustled through, carefully reeling back as the fingers gripped onto the journal.

    "Hey!" yelled Dipper as he flung himself around, the journal and the visible body form disappearing.

    "...Crap," Dipper muttered and shuffled the pines that had shred onto his hat. He ran back to the mountain and sighed heavily. "Damn magicians...I'm not 6 anymore!" he yelled out into the open as his voice bounced into the air into an echo.

Dipper headed back to the shack, but in shock he froze. The wooden shack burned like hell as it turned unstable, falling down into the ground. Slowly the letter M dropped near his shoes. He lowered his head, tears beginning to lightly stream down his cheeks. "No..," he mumbled. "What happened?!" he yelled into the air, panting furiously as he rubbed his hair back, sighing again.

Horses came galloping around the shack as he spotted a 17 year old Gideon on the back of a pure white horse.

    "Gideon!" Dipper hissed. "You did this!"

Gideon's horse adjusted to face him as Gideon grinned. "My, my. Dipper, you actually look great today!" he complimented, his sarcasm hidden. He pulled out Dipper's journal with a smirk. "How charming you are..."

    "Indeed he is," the same echoing voice from before said behind Dipper as the 20 year old boy turned around, blacking out after a fist pummeled into his face. His body remotely collapsed to the ground as Gideon chuckled.

    "Goodnight, Dipper my boy..."