"Sounds about right."

We both bursted out into fits of giggles. It was almost amazing how my mood changed from before, now feeling more lighthearted. And it was all thanks to him.

"So, are you planning to go to the pool?" Shoto asked, calming down.

"Um, well I was actually going to turn down the girls' offer and just train for the rest of the day," I admitted, wiping the sweat off my forehead.

I heard Shoto let out a disapproving sigh, making me wince as if I was about to get scolded. "You know, sometimes it's necessary to take a break, Sakura. As much as it's important to improve, it's also just as crucial to take care of your health. And knowing you, you probably have been training non-stop. I feel like I should tell you that the human body can only take-"

"Alright, alright," I huffed, cutting him off before he can give me a lecture about human anatomy. "Okay, smart ass, I'll take a break from training, happy? Jeez, Shoto, since when did you become such a hedonist?"

"...... I'm hanging up now."

Letting out a giggle, I replied, "I'll see you soon, I guess. Bye, Shoto."

"Yeah, sure thing. Bye."

I pressed the End Call button with my thumb before opening my mile tracker app. I had already ran four miles and I knew that was enough for today, but...

'How does it feel to be a fraud in your little world of heroes?'

I shut my eyes and placed a hand to my forehead, suddenly feeling a painful strain in my brain from the memory.

I let out a deep breath before turning my music back on and facing the way I was running towards.

"Just two more miles."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Walking towards school, I lifted my face up to soak up the nice summer sun. I let out a content sigh as I . There was so many things about summer that I enjoyed- the smell of freshly cut flowers, not forgetting to bring a jacket, because I remember not needing one anyways, the shift in energy in the air when a summer thunderstorm is near, making everything feel heavy with anticipation,  not needing an excuse to eat ice cream for breakfast, lunch, and dinner and when the heat gets so intolerable that I get excited for the upcoming winter.

A buzzing sound interrupted the peaceful silence, breaking me out of my trance for my love of summer as I felt my phone vibrating in my pocket. 'Jeez, two phone calls in one day. I'm so popular.' I joked to myself as I pulled my phone out, eyeing the Caller ID. I raised a brow at the contact name.

'Huh, that's weird. I wonder why she's calling me.'

I let my thumb drop and raised the phone to my ear.

"Hey Mandalay," I greeted my old friend. "It's been awhile. What's up?"

"Hi Sakura!" Her voice boomed so loud that I had to pull away from my phone a bit to prevent going deaf. "Long time no talk! Whatcha been up to lately?"

"Oh, nothing much," I started to walk again, "Just living my best life; going to school, annoying the crap out of Aizawa, and kicking ass. You know, the usual."

"That's right! You're attending U.A. this year, right? Shouta mentioned it when we talked. He said you've been thriving there!"

"Is that so?" I questioned as I walked into the main building of school. "I wouldn't say thriving, really. More like barely hanging on a thread."