Chapter 1

I wanted to tell him how much I love him, but I couldn't. I wanted to tell him that she would never understand him like I do, but I wont. I wanted to tell him that he is the only source of happiness I have in this god forsaken town, but I can't.

There's so much I could say, so much that I have been bottling up inside of me for years, so much I've been dying to tell him, but I cant, I wont, I couldn't.

He is in love with another. A girl. Something that I am not.

All I am to him is 'Harrison' his crazy best friend, his brother even, as Evan so likes to put it, but I want so much more.

I remember the first time Evan 'family zoned' me, it was the first day of middle school, we were crouching down at the front entrance wedged in-between the gate and some bushes, surveilling the joint, we'd heard horror stories about what goes on in this building from my older brother.

Evan looked down at me, since I was curled up in the foetal position with my head rested on my knees, suppressing a yawn because my brother Darren decided that it was his duty as my older brother to keep me up all night telling scary stories and playing video games, I think I finally passed out around 4AM only to wake up at 7 to get ready for school, Darren the lucky bastard didn't have school that day because he was in high school and didn't start until the next day, so here I was struggling to keep my eyes open while having the most beautiful boy I have ever seen crouching next to me, he was probably still asleep.

"Hey" Evan poked me. Hard. He did that when he wanted my attention. And I've learned that they get harder with each time he pokes me, so usually i answer him on the first poke.

"Whaaattt" I groaned, looking up at him.

"Look" he started with a sigh "I don't know how to put this but, well, I don't have any siblings, as you know." Poor fella, as annoying as Darren is, I cant imagine not having him around "But I'd like to consider you as my brother" he said with a smile. "And even though your half asleep right now so your not much company" he laughed and I cracked a smile, because he just so cute.

"I'm glad that your by my side, because I can't imagine a better best friend. And no matter what happens, ever, I'll always be by your side and I'll always be your best friend" he finished.

"Same" I whispered with a smile. He smiled back and we stood and walked in to school together, because as long as we have each other, everything will be alright.

That was the first day I realised what I was feeling, love, I Harrison Phoenix Ward was in love with Evan Alexander Moore. And he saw me as his brother.

So here I am now, first day of senior year, standing infront of my beat up pickup truck with Evan by my side. But on his other side clinging onto his arm like a piece of gum clings to my shoe, is his girlfriend Victoria Miller, also know as the slut that stole my man, also known my arch enemy although she doesn't know that.

Unrequited love is a bitch.