Chapter 2 : More than a Subordinate

Inspector Ginoza stood up and announced, "The assignment we will be working on is in a Drone factory where the body of Daisuke Shioyama, 27 years old, was found at exactly four am. The company said he was dismembered by a Drone he was testing."

Akane stood up and asked, "Do you think... it was an accident?"

"This is already the third casualty in the past year at this factory. This is clearly unusual," he paused as Akane sat back down.

"The body was found in the Drones' behavior inspection section, the only manned area in the completely automated production line. About 50 debuggers are there around the clock." You stood up, "Is that a kind of live-in job?"

Ginoza turned his gaze to you and replied, "If over 1000 Drones need to be evaluated and verified by that few people every month, they have no choice but to work around the clock."

You sat back down and wondered what the living conditions in that factory were. ... I wouldn't want to stay here over night and it's probably more luxurious here... But some people need money and don't really have a choice...

"If you install a program that induces a malfunction in a drone before it's tested, there's a good chance you can make it look like an accident. Which means it's a possible murder case."

Kagari then said, "We could check everyone's Crime Coefficient if there's only 50 people and be done with it."

Ginoza glared at the enforcer and (in that same monotone voice) answered, "Well, it's not that simple. Anyway I want everyone but Inspector (L/N) and her subordinate working on this case right away."

You groaned while everyone else started to leave the room and head for the crime scene. ... Why do Kagari and I not get to work on this case?...

You walked toward Ginozas desk, "Inspector, what should Kagari and I do if not work on this case?"

He looked down at you and stated, "I want you and your subordinate to apprehend two latent criminals, maybe it will make up for letting Nobuo Okura escape during the last assignment. I've already sent you the location and the severity of the situation."

... He must be enjoying this... Is it because I don't ignore your bullying towards the enforcers?... Come on, Gino! Enlighten me!...

You forced a smile and replied,  "Alright Inspector Ginoza, we'll begin right away."

As you were about to turn around you added, "And thank you for the second chance, that really is generous of you."

You walked away and sat back down on your desk, immediately checking the e-mail Ginoza had sent you. While reading through the Information Kagari started whining, "I'm so bored (Y/N)! What is our assignment? I don't want to finish this report so let's do something else!" 

You groaned and looked over to him, "Give me five seconds to finish reading through this and I'll explain it to you on the way there. You might as well get the Dominators ready, I have a feeling you'll enjoy this."

His eyes lit up like those of a child who was promised something special, "I'll be right back!"

As he left the room you finished reading through the information and left the office as well. While walking down the corridor you saw Kagari walking toward you with the Dominators. You took yours and thanked him. 

"So are you going to explain our assignment to me or what?" he said while walking beside you.

"There is a robbery in a bank on the west side of town. The men committing the crime are Yose Instaes and Kirito Kygara. Yose is 35 and Kirito is 27 years old, both of their Psycho Passes are above 120 when they were last recorded. And they also have 7 hostages."  ... If that isn't interesting enough for you, nothing ever will be...