| 17 | Void -001 | Anamnesis

Start from the beginning

Midoriya rolled through the hot sand, some dust hitting his eye. It stinged a bit but some sand in the eye was nothing compared to what happened a while ago. Rubbing the dust off, he got on his feet and-- wait..!

"Midoriya! Your injuries..?!" Iida exclaimed on the other end of the spectrum, his eyes staring wide-open, "They're healed!"

Midoriya looked at his hands and arms, there were no more scars embedded on them neither was his stomach and eye had blood leaking out of them. He looked perfectly fine!

His clothing became overwhelmingly hot and sticky. His salty sweat rolled over his nose, pricking his eyes. His tongue felt as if it was coated with fur and his lips were dry. His hair felt a bit iffy and stiff. A little while ago it was too cold, now it was getting too hot.

The sand in front of him began acting like a small tornado as the door behind him shut close. He even heard his friends banging on it, even shouting out his name.

Bewildered, Midoriya wasn't sure if this was a threat or what so he didn't let his guard down. That was, until he saw eight figures appear before him where one of them was someone he was very familiar with.

The familiarity didn't scare him. What scared him was the thought that this person was thought to be actually gone for so long that it would take him years to see her again. But here we are..

"Ms..Shimura.." Midoriya's face was yet another waterfall. He immediately ran for an embrace, only for his hands to pass through.

"Sorry, Young Izuku." Was all Nana said before all eight lent their hand forward, as if they wanted Midoriya to grab it. Sorry? What did she mean by that? She made no mistake to him so why was she apologising?

The sand began floating around him. They were dancing in a chaotic strut to some kind of disarrayed tune.

It was surrounding the perplexed Izuku, the figures faded away, doubling his confusion.

The wind enveloping him grew faster, removing the dryness in his body from a while ago.

Pictures of people Midoriya thought he didn't knew flashed in his eyes. Both sweet and sour events unfolded in his mind like a TV show. It was a lot to take in -- a lot and a little too much.

That's when he knew..

These were the memories he had lost.

All Might giving him his quirk..

One for All..

The U.A. Entrance Exam...

Battle Trials..

The USJ Attack..

His classmates on Class 1-A and his teacher, Shota Aizawa..

The Sports Festival and Todoroki's past..

The Hosu Incident.. Hero Killer Stain..

The truth about One for All..

Him and Bakugo teaming up on the Final Exams..

His encounter with Tomura Shigaraki in the mall..

The events on I-Island..

Training Camp and Bakugo's Kidnapping..

His battle against Muscular and saving Kota..

Their Hideout Raid and the Kamino Incident.. All Might's retirement..

The Provisional Licensing Exams..

The Shie Hassaikai Raid.. The Big Three.. and Eri..

The School Festival.. Gentle Criminal and La Brava..

His dreams about One for All..

Nabu Island.. Their fight with Nine.. Katsuma and Mahoro..

The Joint Training with Class 1-B..

His outburst.. The Reveal about him gaining six more quirks..

His time in the Endeavor Agency with his two rivals..

And.. Todoroki's birthday.. Villains.. Gunshot.. Quirk Malfunction.. Two days.. Dead..

He felt guilt running through his head. How could he forget the people he cared so much about? How could he just act like they didn't exist and that they weren't out there, saddened about his state?

A trickle of tear fell down his face. He was no quirkless hero wannabe. He was already a hero with one of the best quirks in the entire world.

Midoriya felt so lucky and blessed.

He felt so happy that his dream would come true.

He felt so grateful of all the people acting as pillars to help him achieve his lifelong dream.

And He felt so guilty that he needs to find a way to exchange all their sacrifices.

He has to.

He has to go back.

Izuku Midoriya needs to go back.

Nana's smile extended to her eyes and shot through Midoriya's caring soul, an unexpected warmth rushing through his skin.

Everyone behind her gave the same reassuring smile, pointing towards him.

"Wake up."

---

"Midoriya..?"

.

.

.

.

.

| Loading Next & Last Chapter
| Chapter Written On - July 23, 2020
| Published On - September 24, 2020