Chapter Five

Sophia's point of view

Grandma had led the three of us into the ballroom where we saw Joe and Charlotte waiting for us. ''Now tell me, what kind of dancing do you do?'' Joe asks her. ''Dancing? Oh, you know just the normal kind,'' Mia tells him before doing some weird moves that make me shake my head and look away towards Ellie. ''I see,'' Joe says sparing a look at Grandma before looking back at Mia.

''Well we have a Genovian alternative,'' Joe tells her as Grandma starts the music. ''Now the dances here are very sedate, right from the hips in place,''' Joe tells her showing her before grabbing her face gently. ''No bobbing your head please,'' he tells her making her nod. ''It's not a doggy on the dashboard,'' Joe tells her.

''Straight, straight up, let's practice this here,'' Joe tells her taking her hand. Now, this dance is between a waltz and a tango, you see,'' he tells her placing a hand on her side and one of her shoulders. ''It's a wango?'' she asks confused. I watch out of the corner of my eye and Grandma places her head in her hand. ''No,'' he shakes his head.

''Alright here we go, spin out and spin into me,'' I wince as he makes a sound of pain as she elbows him in the side. ''I'm sorry,'' Mia tells him. I just look at Ellie and sigh before nodding gesturing with my head to the dance floor. She nods before I look at Mia. ''Here Mia watch Ellie and me,'' I tell her before she and I walk into the middle of the dance floor.

''I will spin into you,'' I tell Ellie making her nod her head. Ellie places one hand on my side while I place one on her shoulder and we join our other two hands. She and I then do the dance that Joe was trying to teach Mia. ''Girls just straighten up your posture,'' Grandma calls from over where she was sitting. When It came to the spin part I slowly spun out before slowing spinning back in.

Once Ellie and I finish we turn to look at Mia. ''You two make it look easy,'' she tells us pouting. ''Mia, mom signed me up for ballroom dancing remember. That's how I met Ellie and Ryan,'' I tell her. ''We grew up learning how to dance,'' Ellie tells her. ''You'll get the hang of it just like you'll get the hang of everything else,'' I tell her. It was no secret that Mia was struggling with learning how to be a royal. While I still have some minor hiccups here and there, I was picking up on everything faster than Mia was. She sighs but nods her head.

Ellie and I walk to the side and watch as Joe and Mia work on the dance. ''Girls that was beautiful,'' Grandma smiles at the two of us. ''Thank you,'' I tell her. After a while of Mia and Joe working on the dance Mia finally managed the spin without hurting Joe. It wasn't perfect but It was an improvement.

''Good,'' Joe nods at her as she spun in. ''I did it?'' Mia asks him shocked. ''Grandma I did it,'' Mia tells her smiling brightly. I smile brightly at Mia knowing this would boost her confidence. She never wanted to try ballroom dancing because she thought she would get made fun of for not knowing how to dance. ''Very good, it's coming along. Now you may go home,'' Grandma tells her putting away some of her work. ''Thank you,'' Mia tells her before rushing out of the room.

I smile at her before turning to face Grandma and Joe. ''I will see you two tomorrow,'' I tell them. Grandma nods at me smiling. ''Goodbye,'' Ellie smiles at them. ''Elianna if you would want to learn more you may attend and take part in any lesson, I teach the girls,'' Grandma tells her. ''In fact, I insist,'' she tells her. Ellie nods her head smiling at my Grandmother. Together Ellie and I gather our things and leave after saying goodbye. ''Do you want to hang out at my place and do homework?'' I ask her as we approach my car. She looks at me and nods her head. ''Sure!''

Third person's point of view

''What are you thinking?'' Joe asks Clarisse as she takes her glasses off. Clarisse looks at where her eldest granddaughter and her best friend and left. ''You would never invite someone into the lessons unless you had reasons,'' Joe tells her.