Chapter Two

Sophia's point of view

When I had gotten up this morning, I had followed the same routine as yesterday morning. The only difference being that I woke up earlier and drove myself to the cafe after saying good morning to Mom and Mia.

I pulled into the first parking slot I could find before cutting the engine and getting out of the car. I grab my bag from the front seat before shutting the door and locking the car. I walk into the café and looked around zeroing in on Ryan and the booth that he had found for us.

I smile before making my way over to where he was sitting. ''Hey,'' I tell him as I sit down. He smiles at me and says hi back before pushing over my drink. ''I already ordered for us. I hope pancakes and fruit are still your favorite breakfast meal,'' he tells me smiling. I just smile at him and shake my head. ''Ryan you didn't have to do that,'' I tell him. He just shrugs his shoulders.

''So why is your Grandma in America?'' he asks me once he had gotten our food. ''Well according to Mom apparently she wants to have tea and talk to Mia and me about something,'' I tell him. He nods his head. ''Do you think it could have anything to do with your eighteenth birthday coming up?'' he asks me. (Instead of it being Mia's birthday it is going to be Sophie's.) I shrug my shoulders while looking at him. ''I have no idea, maybe,'' I tell him.

He and I just stay there talking until we decided it was time to get to school. ''Did you walk down or something?'' I ask when he just looked like he was about to start walking. He turns to look at me and smiles. ''I don't live far from this place so I thought why bother driving when I can just walk,'' he tells me. I nod my head before gesturing him to get in. He nods his head before walking over to my car and getting in the passenger seat.

Once I had parked in the parking lot at school both Ryan and I got out of the car and once our doors were shut, I locked them. Ryan passes me my bag and I take it from him while smiling. ''Thanks,'' I tell him. ''So, what was it like in London?'' I ask him as we approach my locker. ''It was wet,'' he told me. I just laugh while opening my locker and grabbing the books that I needed and putting the ones I don't need back in.

''Oh my god is that Ryan Daniels I am seeing?'' I roll my eyes at Ellie being all dramatic. ''Hey Ellie, what's been happening?'' he asks her. ''Nothing much. Just trying to get this one to go out on one date. But I guess I won't have to, now that you're here,'' Ellie tells him while punching his arm. Both Ryan and I look at each other before looking away.

Ellie just looks between the two of us. ''Come on, I can't be the only one who remembers the pact you two made when you left for London,'' she tells us. ''You're not. I remember,'' I tell her. Ryan nods his head at her while looking at me. ''As can I,'' he tells her. Ellie just looks between the two of us before rocking on her feet. ''Awkward,'' she sings. I just smile and turn away to close my locker. I look up when I heard the bell go. ''Well I will see you later,'' I tell them before turning and walking away.

Time Skip.

I was in music with Mia, Lilly, and Ellie. This was the only class I had that was mixed years. I was standing with Elie and Lilly talking to her about her show ignoring Lana and her goons dancing.

''Okay, alright I win. Band practice is over. Now I have a music class here, now out?'' the teacher tells them. Lilly and I share one look before we walk to the middle of the classroom and get into position. ''Now let's have the third group try ''Catch a Falling,'' the teacher smiles at us all.

''Hey, Charles do you want to be in the front,'' Mia asks. He smiles at her and nods. ''Yeah, thanks,'' he tells her before he and Mia switch places. I was on one side of Lilly while she was on the other. Ellie was standing on my other sider ''Michal,'' the teacher points at Lilly's brother who was getting the music ready.