'we'll be moving to america. next week' he told me.

i was in disbelief. first you tell me we will be moving to america, and next, you tell me we'll be leaving next week. they just disregarded my feelings like that? what am i supposed to do with my friends? and most importantly, siyeon?

apparently, my dad's company assigned him to a branch in america, and he could earn more there compared to in korea as he would be given a higher position too. my parents had already contacted my current school and told them i was transfering. they also were done with the procedures for my school in america. so the only thing left to be done is to pack and,

tell siyeon.

but in the end, i decided not to tell siyeon i was leaving. instead, the night before i left the country, i asked her to meet me at the park.

'donghyuckie!' she waved as she ran towards me. i smiled as i waved back. she settled herself next to me on the bench.

'here, this is just a small gift for you' i grinned as i pulled out a pink box from my pocket. siyeon was excited as she asked, 'whats this? and why would you give it to me out of nowhere?' i chuckled as i urged her to open it.

'wow! its a necklace! its so pretty...' siyeon said as she picked it up. on the necklace was an anchor with the letters 'S' and 'D' engraved on it. 'the S stands for your name and D stands for mine. the anchor represents how i will never leave your side no matter what happen, as i will always be here' i told her as she was still gazing at the necklace.

she gave me a cheeky smile before asking me to put on it for her. as i was putting it on for her, she said, 'didnt know you were this romantic haha. i wont leave your side too, hyuck. i will always be next to you'

i gave her a quick smile as we held hands sitting under the nght sky enjoying the stars.

siyeon, this may be the last time im seeing you.

the next day, i had to leave early in the morning, thus being unable to make it to school. while on my flight to america, i cant help but feel my heart sting as i left siyeon behind. i felt guilty for not telling her, but figured out it would be the best. seeing her cry would make me not being able to leave. before dozing off to sleep, i clutched the exact same necklace around my neck which siyeon has. perhaps, that was one of the things that could make me feel as though she was with me.

two years later, i received news that siyeon was involved in a car accident. upon hearing the news, i was in shock. i didnt know what to do. without a second thought, i grabbed my wallet and passport as i headed to the airport. i was going to korea, and no one is going to stop me.

thankfully for me, even though i blocked siyeon's number for me to completely get over her, i still had the numbers of our classmates. i was able to find out the hospital she was admitted into. by the time i reached, the surgery was already finished a whole five hours ago. siyeon's friends, in which i recognised a few, were there. i rushed into the ward and stood by the door as i saw her weak figure sitting on the bed. thankfully, although her body was packed with bandages and there was a slight cut on her face, she seemed fine.

'dont worry eunhee, im fine'
'it was nothing major, dont cry yujin!'
siyeon was busy hugging her friends as she comforted them, telling them that she was not in major pain, and that she was fine. her eyes scanned across the room as she landed on me.

her face showed confusion as she stared at me. timidly, i took a step forward. i could see the necklace hanging loosely from her neck. i was about to speak but what she said made me stop.

'w-who are you?' she questioned as she looked at me. just then, everyone's eyes were directed towards me.

huh? what? did she have amnesia? no way, she could recognise the rest of our classmates! as i was puzzled, chenle, dragged me out of the room. but before we left, he told siyeon, 'he's my friend, i asked him to meet me here. i'll be going now, take care siyeon!' siyeon nodded and we left.

'whats all this about? did she forget about me?' i asked in panic.

'its more like she locked all her memories with you. do you remember how you left her without telling her a single thing? she was in misery and mopped around every single day for 2years. im not putting the blame on you, but the doctor told us that she may lock her own memories so that she forgets everything and move on. this may help in her recovering her mental health. in this case, she chose to lock her memories with you, hence she doesnt remember you. chenle explained.

i was in disbelief, but soon thought it would be the best for both of siyeon and i. if she plans on moving on, i shall too. lets forget about everything and move on with our lives. that is, until the day im prepared to face her again.

as ridiculous as it may seem, i flew back to america almost immediately that day. my parents told me i could stay at my relative's house for a few days to calm myself down, but i refused. i am going to start afresh, be a new person. i told my parents, 'dad, mum, i want to legally change my name'

and that is how my current name, lee haechan, came about

-end of flashback-

a/n: holy this is a loOOOOONG chapter but its mostly filled with flashbacks and how it happened i hope it isnt too lengthy nor boring TT  please remember to vote, comment and share <3