I'm Sorry

Sasuke's POV

  I said it. It shouldn't of been hard. He went through a lot of trouble to come save me, and I'm thankful! I'm so grateful. I look at him, his big blue eyes wide. I never took a good look him.

His eyes are blue, just like the sky. His whiskers make him look like a cat. So cute. His hair is messy and everywhere, so yellow like the sun. His skin is tan too, I wonder if he's warm too. I didn't realize my hand was on his cheek until he called me. "S-Sasuke?.." he asked with confusion. Indeed he was warm. I immediately brought my hand down and turned around. "Don't be sorry" Naruto said. I was going to reply but he beat me to it. "I'm just happy you're back." I looked at him and he had that wide grin.

I didn't think but the words just came out," I'm never leaving again.". I turned around. What did I say? I've never said that. My thoughts race, why am I overthinking this? I then feel two arms around me. I feel my heart skip a beat. Wait what. My heart did what?! "I need you Sasuke". I feel my face get hot.

Why am I feeling all this? No, calm down first. I feel him let go quickly and rush to my suitcases. "Ah I should help you unpack! So what do you think about us living together? A-Ah I didn't mean to make it sound weird! Or maybe it's just me.. Everyone is excited to see hang out again. Especially Sakura..". His voice lowers at that last part.

  "C'mon let's get you some different clothes for the party", he yells. I could see his was trying to change the subject. I don't think my Sharingan to know.

————————————————————————

               Later

I change into my sleepwear. Naruto wears a blue nightcap and blue striped pajamas. His eyes trying to catch sleep but his body shivering. He's sleeping on the couch but it doesn't look warm.

I close the window and turn off the lights, I also need some sleep. I guess the stress has caught up to us. Hours of unpacking and awkward silence. I'm sure he wants a new day to come. I can't believe he can fall asleep in this cold.

Oh wait, I actually can, he's stubborn. I go to the couch he's sleeping on and crouch down. His face inches away from mine. I was so stupid to leave him here. I left to achieve power, but at what cost? Power is nothing compared to him. My friend. My rival. If I could go back in time..

I carefully grab his body, he's the same height as me, a little light though. Of course all this idiot eats is ramen. I gently place him on the mattress. "Sasuke?.." he says a little sleepy. "Hn" I say as I cover us in blankets. We face opposite of each other.

Just a few months ago I wanted to kill him. Yet here we are, in the same bed. I blush at the thought. Do I like him? No of course not, he's just my friend. I like Sakura.. Huh? Why do I even like her? She's pretty I guess but Naruto saved me. He could've died. He trained for years to bring me back. I would protect him with my life. My eyes feel heavy as I drift off to sleep.