Chapter 18: The Kamaboko's

Start from the beginning

  "By the way, how do you know it has my scent? And it was made of that certain ore? " You asked.

   "Well, Tanjiro has a keen sense of smell, while I had a keen sense of hearing." Zenitsu replied for Tanjiro who nod with a smile.  "Oh, well, Thank you." You sigh out of relief and smile at Tanjiro while you tried to fix tour hair up but wince from the pain of your right shoulder and Zenitsu noticed it.

  "Uh here let me help you (y/n)-chan." Zenitsu happily as he take the hairpin off your hand and began to fix your hair up.

  "I'm surprised you knew how to fix a woman's hair." You said rather impressed after Zenitsu fixed your hair with the hairpin and he laughed nervously. Inosuke on the other hand were kinda just staring at you with his head tilted to the side.

"What?"

   "Is this what they call a beautiful women?" He unconsciously spoke, despite the headdress he's wearing you can tell he was staring intently at you.

  You couldn't retort immediately as you were speechless with your mouth slightly agape. In all honesty, you were caught off guard by his unexpected statement.

   "Of course she's beautiful! Every women has their own charms." Zenitsu proudly state and Tanjiro agrees.

  "Uh, it's getting pretty late and I need to rest. Let's chat tomorrow. Good night everyone" You said as you carefully stood up from the floor and immediately headed towards your room.

"Have good night rest. Goodnight (y/n)-chan." You heard Tanjiro and Zenitsu spoke before you slide the door closed. letting out a deep breath, you ostarted fanning your face with your hands. '(Beep) when did I ever blush?' You thought trying to calm your hot face after what they stated.

   After a short while you tried to go to sleep but your body won't comply. Sighing, you stood back up and took a knife or two and hid it in your sleeves before going out of your room taking a quick stroll of the place.  Going out of the house, you noticed the place were surrounded by wisteria trees inside the walls of the gate.

    "Wow." You mumbled out. Moonlight shone from the sky illuminating the shadows of the trees. You took a sit at the edge of the porch under the roof as you closed your eyes, feeling the silence and nature around you. The rustle of the leaves caused by the nightly breeze and the soft chirp of crickets in the silent night brought peace and relaxation to you.

   But, the peace didn't last long as you sense another presence coming and the sound of the soft footstep. Sensing no danger, you didn't reach for your knife.

   Opening your eyes, you look to your side. "Miss, I'm glad to see you awake and safe." An old lady greet with a smile which you returned with the same gesture. "Thank you, oba-san."

  You already from the start when you woke up that you're in the wisteria house. You heard every Intel you need about the wisteria house from Taro, your stubborn Kasugai crow. So you don't need to question everything you thought suspicious.

    "Your injuries wasn't healed yet, I advised you to please rest for the night." She said sincerely and you nod standing up and you began to walk back in your room. Only stopping when you're already in front of your door.

   "Oba-san." You called out before the old lady disappear at the end of the hallways. "Is there something you need child?" She asked facing you. "Uh, could I get some bandages? Also needle and thread please." You asked hoping your not being so demanding.

    "Sure thing child, just a sec." She replied and you smiled. "Arigatou Oba-san." You said before entering your room sliding the door close in the process as you headed to your futon, sitting down carefully.