Chapter Five

You were able to maintain your good behavior, reducing your sentence until it hit the limit for the year. Kisame was very optimistic about the escape due to your current success. You just needed to make a prison guard fall for you.

You couldn't exactly pick a guard, so you had to observe their behavior and emotions in order to pick one properly. Eventually you had detected a guard that showed signs of infatuation and endearment towards you. Like a predator, you had stalked until you knew the time to strike.

You weren't exactly good at flirting, but you just had to make yourself desirable and lead him on.

"Damn. I hate being here. You heard my defense in my case didn't you? Child abuse. Don't you dare tell anyone else about this, because I think... you're the only one special enough to hear this. It wasn't a lie, I tell you." You spoke behind the bars.

Kisame was in cleaning duty, so he wasn't currently with you. That's why you planned to lead on this infatuated guard today. "That's heartbreaking. Your father didn't defend you, didn't he?" He responded.

"Yes. My parents never cared for me, I've always felt empty. But I have you, don't I? Don't make me regret opening myself up to you. Okay?" You said.

"Of course (Y/N). I won't. I'll get you out of here eventually." He said as he reached out to hold your hand into the bars.

You held his hand back, and you gave him a cherished look. He gave you a warm smile, and you returned the smile of warmth back. However, in your mind, you grinned deviously and manically.

"I love you." You lied.

"I love you too." He said, his words laced and stitched with genuine honesty.

He had then needed to let go of your hand due to other duties of being a prison guard. He left, leaving yourself alone.

You felt distaste for saying that to him. He had only liked you for your fake persona of a personality. Also, you didn't genuinely love him or care for him. He was a good converser and that was about it. A great time killer.

Yet, there was another time killer. A much better one at that. Kisame Hoshigaki.

Shït.

You were more fond of a serial killer than a prison guard. What did you really care? Especially in the situation you were in. This serial killer, no- Kisame was much better as an entertainer. He was a cunning and interesting man.

His ideas were simply brilliant, and his conversations with you had made you- happy.

Happiness. An emotion that you've haven't felt much in your entire life, yet, this serial murderer had brought it to you. Were you crazy for thinking of him like that? Bloodshed and bloodstains were his record, and that had brought you happiness?

Maybe you've really gone crazy from the past three months. Feeling endearment for a serial killer.

But who cares? You were going to get out of prison eventually. You'll most likely part ways with him, it was much better not to get attached.

Yet.

You still admired the man.