Maybe the Night

It was already seven in the evening. Hyun Bin is driving his car to fetch his girlfriend who's currently shooting a commercial film. He can't help but smile and sing along with the song playing on his car radio. He will be seeing her girlfriend after weeks of tiring shoots.

He was humming to the song when the music playing in his car changed to a phone call. His girlfriend's name appeared on the car screen showing the she is the one calling him. He pressed the accept call button and was greeted by his lover's sweet voice.

"Hello? Yeobo?"

"Yes, yeobo? I'm on my way already", as if on cue, Bin told her without her asking. "Just stay inside. I'll call you when I arrive." He was waiting for her to say goodbye however he can only hear her deep breaths.

"Yeobo, I might finish a little later tonight. Probably three hours the most. Could you wait for me?", she stopped for a moment and he thought that was the end so he was about to say yes. However she continued, "But I wouldn't mind if you can't. You should just go home and take a rest. You might need to wake up early tomorrow. And don't worry about me, I'll ask my manager to drop me off at my house. I promise I'll make it up to you. I'm sorry if I troubled you Binnie. Sorry again."

Both lines were silent after that. As an actor, Yejin knows that Bin understands the demands of their work. But still, she knows he's quite disappointed or worst, mad.

It has been weeks since they last went out to catch up and to simply be together. She really wanted to spend the rest of the night with him however the cf needs to be finished today. She feels guilty knowing that she can't make it but then she knows he will understand. Hopefully.

"Okay. Call me when you're home. Bye."

"Bye."

That ended the call between the two. She doesn't know whether he is mad or genuinely okay with what happened. His voice was the usual tone but she knows he is a good actor and faking it is as easy as breathing to him.

Yejin can't shrug off the idea of her Binnie being mad at her. She was about to call him again but then her personal assistant called her to inform her that they will resume shooting. With a heavy heart, Yejin put down her phone and continued with the shoot.

She badly wanted to end the shoot so that she could call Bin and ask him if he is fine. 'Of course he is not. Who gets happy getting ditched by his girlfriend on their supposed date?', she thought to herself. 

"Min-ah, what do you give to your boyfriend when he's mad?", she curiously asked her personal assistant. Her assistant grinned at her question and wriggled her eyebrows.

"Kisses. Lots of them."

Yejin blushed on her straightforward answer. Kisses were not new to her and Bin but those are private moments for the couple.

"Yah! I'm serious."

"Why? Is Mr. Hyun Bin mad at you, unnie? There is no way he'll be mad at you. You're probably just overthinking."

That eased her a little bit. Just a bit.

----------------------------------

Two hours passed by quickly and next thing she knew, the shoot was done. Everyone said their 'goodbyes' and 'thank yous' to each other while wrapping up. Yejin checks her phone for possible missed calls or texts from her boyfriend but there were none.

'Yeobo, we are done filming. I'll be going home now. Manager Kim will drop me off', she texted Bin. She expected him to reply. Even a simple 'okay' would suffice her heart. Unfortunately for her, none came.