Chapter Two

Elliot got to the hospital after being taken there by his friend. He didn't know why he cared so much. He felt a strange connection to the girl. He was sitting next to her when the police came in and asked to take his statement. "I'll be right back Olivia," he said standing up.

"No! Please don't leave," she whimpered. He looked at her and then to the detective.

Detective Morris looked at Elliot and then to Olivia. "I'll take your statement tomorrow." She then left the room, leaving Elliot and Olivia alone.

"I'm sorry," is the first thing Elliot said.

"It wasn't your fault El."

"So you're calling me El now?" He asked jokingly.

"Sorry. I thought it would be ok, since, uh, I don't, sorry" she rambled on.

"It's ok. I was joking. I don't care what you call me. Why don't you try to get some sleep?"

"I'm not tired."

"You need to sleep."

"I'm not tired. I just want to talk."

"Um, ok, how old are you?" He asked hoping to start a conversation, and learn more about her.

"I'm 17, I'll be 18 in January."

"I'm 20. My birthday's in January too."

The two talked for a good hour, before Olivia fell asleep. Elliot didn't know if he should leave the room or just sleep in the chair beside her bed. He decided against it and ended up lying on a couch outside of the door. He wasn't sure how long she would have to stay here, because they still couldn't locate either of her parents. Deep down, he hoped that they didn't show up, so that he could have more time with her. He finally fell asleep, with Olivia on his mind.

•••

Elliot walked into Olivia's room and sat on the chair by her bed. He gently rubbed her shoulder and she started to stretch her arms. Her eyes slowly opened and were met with Elliot's "Good morning El," Olivia said before smiling at him.

"Good morning Liv."

The two were just sitting there staring at each other, before they heard screaming coming from down the hall.

"WHERE IS MY DAUGHTER? TELL ME WHERE THE STUPID WHORE IS!"

The door slammed open, and Elliot quickly grabbed Olivia and blocked her body with his. Praying nothing bad would happen to her, he realized why she didn't tell the detectives who her parents were.