t h i r t y - e i g h t

Start from the beginning

"I was trying to distract myself for the whole time because I can't stop thinking about it," She continues.

Mark can't help but laugh as he pulls Yerim into a hug, petting her head, "Ya... I didn't mean to make you overthink, but why don't you believe in me though?"

"Because I thought you really were going to say something, but you're just not ready to tell me yet," Yerim responds with her face drowning on Mark's chest.

He pulls his face away, so he's able to see her with his arms still wrapping her, "That's right. I wasn't ready to say it."

The fact how Yerim gathered her courage and managed to ask Mark about this makes him feel it's the time to talk about it.

"But, now I'm ready," He says.

"So, you really lied to me?!" Yerim asks in disbelief, "I thought there are no lies nor secrets between us!"

"I'm sorry..." He chuckles, holding her closer, "You know me too well, Yerm."

"So, what was that about?" She asks as she pulls herself away from Mark.

He takes a deep breath, moving his hands to Yerim's waist.

"Can I get a kiss before I tell you though?" He asks casually, receiving a hit on his arm instead.

"No," Yerim answers, "There won't be one until you tell me what that was."

"So, I'll get one after I tell you?" He makes sure.

Yerim shakes her head again, causing Mark to pout slightly. "You won't get any if I don't feel satisfied by the information you're about to tell me in the end, Mark Lee," She explains as she holds herself to stay on her will.

Mark is just too cute. It's actually hard to resist, but she must know about it first.

"Do you know what my password is?" He suddenly asks.

"The password of your phone?"

"Uh-huh," Mark nods, "Do you remember it?"

"I'm not sure..." Yerim is confused about why Mark talks about the password of his phone instead. "Don't change the subject, Mark," She warns him.

He chuckles instead as he rests his head on Yerim's shoulder for seconds. "I'm not changing the subject," He lifts up his face, "I'm really about to tell you now."

Yeri squints her eyes, but she answers, "I don't remember it anymore. You know how I use the Face ID these times."

"You shouldn't have forgotten that, Kim Yerim," Mark replies in disappointment, "That's basically the key."

She frowns, "Well... should I try to remember it?"

Mark nods vigorously, "You should. It's a date, Yerm."

"2017... August..." Mark tries to help her.

"Ah, right," Yerim nods as she remembers it, "Isn't it 2nd? Your birthday?"

"It's 15th," Mark corrects her right away.

"Sorry..." She apologizes before sighing. "So, what happened in 15th of August 2017?" She asks, causing Mark to gaps in disbelief as he removes his hands from her.

"You really didn't remember anything?" He asks, receiving a nod from Yerim who had drowned in confusion.

She suddenly feels guilty, seeing how he suddenly looks really disappointed. But, he notices the changed expression on her too, so he puts his hands into the pocket of his coat while looking at her.