Jisu frowned. "I don't like scary movies. You know that, Ji."

"Don't be such a scaredy cat, Ji. It's not even real." Yeji said as she opened the trapdoor and let Jisu climb down first.

"Not real my foot! You know that one movie with the Annabelle doll is real! There's so many things on YouTube about it!"

"Oh really? Maybe we should watch more, so you can conquer your fears."

"Don't you dare!"

Autumn of 2017
  -Yeji-

"Ms. Hwang!" My physics teacher called.

Ah, shit.

I lazily made my way to Mr. Jung's table, who had his arms rested on the surface, as he looked at me in anger.

"Your homework?" He said as he held his palm out to me, while I shrugged.

"My dog ate it." I said, as I tried not to burst into laughter with his pissed reaction.

He pinched the bridge of his nose and sighed. "Ms. Hwang, I would understand if you actually have a hard time with my class—"

Because I do.

"—but you can't just act like it won't affect your future. You will be graduating soon. How else are you going to fix up your grade in my subject if you continue being like this?"

Oh, groan. This is so frustrating. So what if I'm not good at physics? Not everyone is good at everything.

That suddenly made me think about Jisu, because she had said that to me yesterday. I couldn't help but smile at her pissed off face as she said it.

"Ms. Hwang, are you listening?"

"What?"

He let out a frustrated sigh. "If you can't improve your grades at the end of the year, then I'm sorry, but I won't have any choice but to fail you."

"Sir, D-minus isn't that bad of a grade, right?"

He looked at me blankly.

I nervously chuckled, because what I just said just proves that I might not get into a good college. "O-Okay, sir. I'll try my best to improve."

He didn't seem convinced, but just gave me a nod nonetheless. "Very well. You are dismissed."

When I left the classroom, I was greeted by Ryujin who had a laid back smile across her lips, her back leaning against the wall, as she tugged in her bag.

"I bet Mr. Jung's giving you a hard time, huh?" She asked.

I raised an eyebrow. "No shit. Wanna help me prepare my resume for Burger King in case he actually does fail me?"

She chuckled as we walked together in the hallway, a few people sparing glances at us.

"Look, why don't you ask for a tutor? For example, Jisu-Unnie. I heard she got the top score in their last test."

I shook my head. "I doubt she'd actually help me. She's probably focusing on swinging a bat correctly, as we speak."

"See? If you help her with baseball, and she helps you with physics, then it's a win-win situation." Ryujin suggested.