Chapter 6

2013

2013

Yeji's backyard was a place where she and Jisu had spent their childhood playing many games together. But what made the backyard distinctive, was a tree in the middle with a treehouse on top.

The two friends imagined the treehouse as many things. A pirate ship, a castle, and one thing that they loved to do there was study the stars together.

Jisu reads a lot of books, and looking for patterns in the stars intrigued Yeji to make them stay up during the weekends and find as much constellations as they could.

The treehouse had a balcony, where a telescope was placed, aiming at the clear night sky, as Yeji stuck her right eye through the eyepiece. As she saw so many shooting stars pass by the lens. She shot up, and ran inside to find a sleeping Jisu.

"Jisu-ah! Jisu-ah! Wake up!" Yeji says, as she shook Jisu awake, from her slumber, the latter forcing her eyes to open.

"What?" Jisu grumbled.

"I found so many shooting stars! Take a look!" Yeji says as she pulled Jisu towards the telescope. Jisu looked, and it took a few seconds before she shot her head up in amusement.

"It looks so cool, right?" Yeji says with a smile.

"It does! Wow!"

"Hurry! Let's make a wish!"

"Isn't that only for when you see one without the telescope?" Jisu remarked.

Yeji shrugged. "It's better than not trying. What if it actually comes true?"

"I don't know. I don't really know what to wish for."

Yeji looked up in the sky, smiling as she took a breath. "Well, I got one."

"Really?" Jisu asked. "What is it?"

"To always be by your side. And that no matter what happens, we'll stay together until we start turning into crazy cat ladies."

Jisu snorted. "So you're abandoning Hongsam and Insam?"

"That's not what I meant! I mean, we can be crazy dog ladies too."

"Silly." Jisu says as she places a hand on Yeji's shoulder. "You got me, and I got you." Jisu stayed, which made Yeji smile. With just one look, they knew what they both said next. A chant that they made themselves, and would remember it as a promise until the end.

"You got me, and I got you,
No matter what we do,
We'll always be right here, as two,
If life gets tough, we'll make it through,
Because you got me, and I got you."

They both shared a quick hug and a giggle here and there. They pulled away and turned off their lamps. "Come on, let's go inside. We can watch scary horror movies until 5am while sipping on coke." Yeji suggested.