ɪᴠ

𝙏𝙧𝙞𝙪𝙢𝙥𝙝
"When I first saw you, the end was soon."

Elinor stayed by her brother's side the whole night, never once leaving his side

Elinor stayed by her brother's side the whole night, never once leaving his side. Despite the irritation she felt, she could only eye him in pity. He was beaten like a bruised apple, and sub stained painful looking injuries...

When she hears groaning sounds coming from her brother,  she instantly turns her head away from the window. She watched him struggle to bat open his swollen eyes, squinting occasionally due to the piercing light shining through the window.

"Finally, I thought you never wake up." She comments while blowing her cigarette smoke from her red-tinted lips.

"Where am I?" He asks, letting out grunts as he forced himself to slowly sit up to face his sister.

"Hospital, where else?" She spits with sass, before turning to face the view out the window. Thomas was well aware of his sisters horrible mood from the sound of her tone. And although he, himself, deserved it, he wanted nothing more to fall back to unconsciousness. "You look like shit, by the way." She adds, only irritating him further.

"Fuck off, will ya'?" He spats in her direction, trying his best to take in the pain his body was in.

"Last time you told me to fuck off, you were almost beaten to death—So no, I don't think I will." She fires back, only causing him to let out a sigh.

Clicking heels caused the two siblings to turn their attention to the other side of the room, revealing a pretty nurse with red hair. "Are you ready for your visitor, Mr. Shelby?" She asks sweetly, only causing Elinors eyebrows to furrow in confusion.

"No." Thomas grumbles.

"I'm here on the king's orders—I'm afraid, I must insist." An revolting familiar voice announces themselves, too proudly for Elinors liking. "Ah! You paid extra for daylight. The racketeering business must be booming." __ announces with his grimy looking smile, while chucking at end of Thomas hospital bed.

"Are you not going to thank me for saving your life?" The old man has the balls to ask, only causing Elinor too loose control of her tongue.

"Saving his life? I paid you & your men against my will, just so you'd assist me with giving him proper medical attention." She scoffs angrily, only causing him to smirk her way.

"If we hadn't interfered, I'm afraid to say that you'd both would've been left sprawled out dead in that garage."

"Now, if you don't mind. I'd like to have a few moments with your brother alone." He adds, only causing her to flick her cigarette at his feet.

"Not going to happen."

"Elinor, it's fine... wait outside." Thomas grumbles out of breathe, clearly in large amounts of pain. Elinor couldn't believe what she was hearing, especially since she's the one that found him. But somehow, the woman keep her mouth shut, and exits the room without a fight.