ɪɪ

𝙁𝙧𝙚𝙖𝙠 𝙎𝙝𝙤𝙬
"One misstep, you're mine
And you better stay clever if you wanna survive."

Despite Thomas'a outburst yesterday, Elinor trusted her gut

Despite Thomas'a outburst yesterday, Elinor trusted her gut. It was telling her to attend this ceremony with her brothers, and to make her presence known.  It wasn't hard for the girl to lie, she had an sharp mind and an silver tongue. She could practically talk her way out of anything, like today for instance. She had managed to trick Arthur into bringing her along with to her brothers 'secret meetup area'. Which I may inform wasn't all that secret. I mean, the meetup area was literally outside of Johns home.
Seriously— How lousy was that?

"John, Tommy's here!" Elinor shouts as she watches Tommy's car pull up beside Arthur and her. "Hang on!" John shouts back in irritation, clearly in the middle of something.

"What the hell are you doing here?" Tommy snaps his little sister as soon as he puts the car in park, and then exits the vehicle.

"Joining my lovely brothers for a holiday, that's what." Elinor simply informs her brother while getting into the back of the car before they could take off without her.

"Wait? She wasn't supposed to come?" Arthur asks in confusion, causing Tommy to stare at his brother in clear disbelief.

"No, you idiot." Thomas mutters in irritation, before taking out a cigarette.

"How am I supposed to bloody know?" Arthur asks defensively while watching Tommy light his cigarette, and taking a quick swig. "Jesus Christ..." Tommy mutters in clear annoyance, allowing the smoke to roll off his lips.

"John!" Elinor practically hollers, wondering what is taking him so long. "I'm coming!" John shouts back, causing Arthur to roll his eyes at the whole ordeal, before taking a swig of his medicine. As he does do, Thomas looks at his brother in question, clearly confused at what he was consuming.

"Seven o' clock, twelve o' clock, ten, but only if I'm still sober—I got it from the doctor." Arthur informs his confused looking brother. Tommy then grabs the bottle from him, and sniffs it.

"Keeps me nice and calm." Arthur explains.
"Same thing they gave us in the trenches, stop us from fucking wanking." Thomas mutters while staring at the bottle in remembrance, while Elinor nose crinkled in disgust at the unwanted thought.

"Polly said it's good for my temper. It slows me down." Arthur informs his brother, only causing his sister sitting in the car to frown. She didn't like the fact that everyone was trying to control Arthur, whether it for their own benefit or his own. Elinor believed Arthur should be the one making the decisions for himself in the end.

"Arthur, there are some things Polly doesn't understand. I need you fast, not slow, eh?" Tommy says to his brother while dumping the contents of the bottle onto the ground. Elinor knew there was no point in arguing with her eldest brother. All she could do was inform Polly once she returned home, and have her take care of it.