ɪɪɪ

𝙏𝙧𝙖𝙥
" Don't you ever tame your demons
But always keep 'em on a leash "

Elinor was currently helping a few of their men with sealing and signing some documents

Elinor was currently helping a few of their men with sealing and signing some documents. The business was always busy, but today was more than usual. She didn't mind the work load, she was always grateful that it kept her busy. Although, the men were beginning to get on her nerves today. They were constantly double checking her work, and questioning her actions. The bank was loud & over crowded, only making it more difficult to communicate with her colleagues. Unfortunately for Elinor, today was louder than it ever has before. So loud in fact, that when she heard an familiar voice, she had thought she was only beginning to hear things.

"Elinor? Have any of you seen Elinor?" She hears an familiar plummy voice holler, causing her eyes to widen in fright; her body immediately turning rigid.

It can't be—can it?

"Elinor?" She heard the voice holler again, before revealing himself by irritatedly pushing others out of his way. This particular man was a dapperly young fellow with an obsession with three things in this life. The Shelby business, Elenor Shelby, and himself. The man was wealthy, tall, and fit. But Eleanor wanted no part of him. She always referred to him in public as a friend, hoping he'd get the message. Although, it wasn't the case. It was almost pitiful, really. But It wasn't entirely his fault, especially when Thomas kept encouraging him. Her brother couldn't force marriage, Polly would have his head. But if he could, he'd make sure it was this lad.

The moment her eyes laid upon the man from across the crowded bank, she immediately bolted her way in the opposite direction. Not thinking, she quickly finds herself running into the closest office, which happened to be her brother, Johns.

"What is it?"

"Move!"

"What?"

"Stand up, you idiot!" She shouts causing him to spring up from his desk chair, allowing her to crawl under just in the matter of time.

"John, have you seen happen to see Elinor around?"

"Uh-what?" John asks clearly taken off guard, only making his sister mentally curse at him.

"Elinor? Have you seen her?"

"No, I haven't—Why?"

"I just wanted to ask her something, is all."

"She might be with Tommy, mate." He explains causing the man to nod, before walking out of the room. Elinor gave it a few more seconds before finally speaking up.

"Is he gone?" She whispers

"The bloody hell was that all about?" He snaps as he lock the office door, and shuts the blinds as she crawls out from underneath his desk.

"He keeps harassing me about going on a date." She puff out as she stands up fixating the hem of her long business dress. Just before John could stop out of the office in anger, she stops him.