T S U K I S H I M A ᴀɴɢsᴛ

As her heart burned with love, his had a different ignition

Word count:926
Story type: Angst
July 20 2020
(Goodbye Haikyu!! Thank you for everything you've done for me and many others, Thank you Haruichi Furudate for giving us something to laugh with, cry with, and enjoy)
***

Her pen scratched against the paper and the ink flowed smoothly, the paper soon began to build a confession
A confession of love. Her heart raced as she pushed the paper inside the envelope unsigned, just as she pressed a sticker on the envelope the bell rang echoing through the halls. She silently approach Kei who's sitting at his desk, she quickly slip the envelope in his bag. he slips his headphones off and smiles at her softly "What's up shorty?" He says unaware of the note she had slipped in his bag. her heart fluttered as millions of butterflies flapped their wings against your bare heart,
He stood up and towered over the young woman as they both began walking to the gym.

As they entered the gym the young girl sat her bag down and sat next to Kiyoko and watched as the vanilla haired boy opened his bag. The young girl's heart slammed against her ribcage it felt almost as if her ribs would shatter,
His eyes look unfazed as he pulls the envelope out of his bag, he peeled the sticker off and quickly opened the envelope pulling the light pink paper out of said envelope.

His fingers danced across the folded paper quickly unfolding it, the (hair color) haired girl felt her legs bounce with nervousness. His eyes scan the page before gently putting the pretty pink paper back into the envelope, But The young girl's heart suddenly shattered as she saw the vanilla haired boy tear the envelope. The shattered pieces of her heart stabbed her lungs making her breath go short, her eyes stung with the feeling of tears tracing her eyes. The vanilla haired boy walked over to the trash can and dropped the envelope, it all felt like slow motion for the young girl, as she watched her envelope and pretty pink paper fall into the bin.

She wanted to run and pick the envelope out of the trash but her feet were glued to the ground,
The tall vanilla haired boy jogged across the gym and smiled softly at her causing the shattered pieces of her heart to sink into her skin. "If he knew it was me, would this outcome be different?" The young woman thought to herself, she held in her tears and forced a smile back.
Her childhood friend ran back to his bag and pulled out his gym clothes, he walked over to the locker rooms and began to change while the young woman felt her broken heart Pierce her veins allowing blood to seep out of the invisible wounds; was what she felt death? Or just a normal heartbreak?

As the guys finished up she slowly and weakly stood up and accidentally caught the yellow eyed boy's attention.
"Hey! Y/n?" His voice called out as he jogged over to the weak girl,
"Are you okay? You look sick" he finished his sentence with a cold laugh before realizing you were not joking.
"Hey? Maybe I should walk you home... you don't look to good" he said concerned
No the young girl knew deep inside that if he walked her home she would be in more pain, but she couldn't deny.

As they walked out of the gym Kei started talking, "I got another love letter" he scoffed trying to start conversation.
The young woman felt her stomach grow sick as his poisonous words sink into her
"Oh...really?" She said holding tears back
"Yeah, this one was strange though, they said they knew me well and how we should be more than— hey? Y/n? What's wron—"
The young woman cut the tall boy off as tears seep through her eyes. Her arms wrap around him her face in his chest as tears fall from her eyes, the now awkward feeling boy reached his hand up and softly patted her head before loosening up and rubbing her back as she sobbed in his jacket. "Stupid. Stupid. Stupid." She mumbled into his jacket before running away from him. "Y/n! W-wait?..!" He yelled after the short girl who was not turning back.

She made her way home and collapsed on her bed, her sobs muffled by the soft pillow that was pressed against her soft face. Her cheeks stained with dry tear stains, she soon found herself unable to cry the tears she needed as she looked at her phone which held a picture of the vanilla boy. As she heard a knock coming from the door she stumbled out her bedroom door to the front door. The door creaked open and there stood the tall vanilla boy.
"Did you write it?" He asked softly but harshly
"Stupid.." she whispered as she shut the door,
"I can't accept it." He said coldly through the door. The young girl's heart had re-shattered at that moment her lungs rapidly filled with air and realesed, she fell to her knees as tears pour through her eyes. Her rapid breathing caused her to hyperventilate; as the world grew darker she fell down cheek now on the floor, but before the heartbroken girl had passed out she heard his harsh words.

"I mean how can I fall for someone who I see as my own sister?"