Chapter 4

June's POV

So. . . we were headed to school now on the bus. Unfortunately, I couldn't get a seat next to May because she sat with her friend, Trent. But I did manage to sit next to Ivy. So I guess that's good enough for me. But I guess I can always talk to her when we get to school.

The seating arrangement didn't stop me from getting my looks in, though. I couldn't help but look at May and admire her beautiful figure sitting down on the bus. My mind was going up and down her body from her breasts to her stomach to her butt and down her legs to her feet. So much stuff was going through my mind at that moment and I couldn't stop myself.

"What are you looking at?" I heard Ivy ask me as I looked her way and saw her with a bit of a confused look.

"Quiet, Ivy. You'll expose me." I said quietly. I had to talk quiet to May didn't hear me. "I'm getting my daily dose of May."

Ivy looked at me funny. "It can't wait until we actually get to school?" She said.

"Of course it can't." I said. "May. . . she's all I've ever dreamed of! I must take in all I can."

"Why not just ask her out?" Ivy shrugged.

"I can't yet!" I said. "Junior Prom isn't for a couple days. . . wait. . ."

Ivy was right. Prom is literally around the corner and I haven't even thought about how I'm even going to ask May out yet.

"Do you mind keeping it down?" Trent's voice said to me. "I'm trying to finish my homework before we get to class."

"Sorry. . ." I blushed.

"It's okay, June." May looked over at me. "Trent is very serious about his grades, as you know."

Butterflies instantly formed in my stomach when May talked to me. "Y-Yeah. . . aren't we all?" I tried not to spend too nervous. "I'll try to be quieter."

"Thank you." Trent said as he got back to his work.

I saw May smile at him as she playfully rolled her eyes at him. "Don't worry about him too much, June." She said to me. "He's just stressed since school is just about over and finals will be here soon." I heard Trent scoff after she said that.

"Hey, I totally understand." I said. "School is ending and I'm pretty stressed too. Especially since I haven't really prepared for finals and I still have no one to go to prom with."

May just looked at me with a strange look. "Okay. . ." She said in kind of a creeped out tone.

I know that she isn't creeped out. We're the best of friends. Although, she doesn't seem to know my serious crush on her. And I needed to tell her before Prom. Maybe that's how I'll ask her out! I'll confess to her as I ask her to prom! It's genius!

May's POV

After what seemed like hours on the bus, we finally made it to school. I got off the bus with Trent, June, and Ivy following behind as we all headed for our special table that we usually sit at during the beginning of school and lunch.

"Finally, we're here!" Ivy said as she sat down. "Even though I'm not a fan of school myself, the bus isn't much better."

"I can agree." Trent said. "There were so many bumps along the way that I could barely finish my work!"

"To be fair, homework is supposed to he done at home." Ivy said, matter-of-factly.

"Whatever. . ." Trent said, a bit angrily. "I'll just finish now."

I rolled my eyes at that. Trent is always slacking on homework. I guess it's not entirely his fault though. Our teacher usually gives us a few days to do our homework before the due date. But she still expects us to at least get it done the first or second day. So I guess he's not fully to blame. Who does homework the night its assigned? If we have a few days to do it, then I'll at least do it the second or third night depending on how long we get for the assignment.

I then suddenly just so happen to look over at June, who was looking at me with a big smile. I was a bit creeped out by that, so I just gave a shy smile back.

"Uh. . . what are you looking at?" I said through a fake smile.

I saw June blush bright red and she quickly looked away and shielded her face. "Sorry. . . I don't know what came over me." She said, shyly. "I just. . . I think you look very beautiful."

I immediately blushed at that comment. "Thanks. . ." I said. "I try to look my best everyday."

"Well, I think you succeeded." She said with a smile. "In fact, you succeed at that everyday."

I saw her quickly cover her mouth when she said that. It was almost as if she didn't mean to say that to me. But I found myself blushing even more red now.

"Uh, I mean. . ." I could tell that June couldn't find the right words for this. "I'll be right back!" She said and darted off towards the girls' bathroom.

"What was that about?" I asked Ivy. She was June's best friend, so I asked her, feeling that she would know what was up with her.

But she just shrugged. "I don't know." She said. "Maybe it's because she's taken a liking to you?"

I was about to say something to that, but I didn't. Instead the more I thought about it, the more it made sense to me.

I never realized it before, but it seemed that June always acted this way around me. Ever since we met, she would always act different around me. Sometimes, I'd catch her staring at me from across a hallway or I could see her pupils dilate when she talked to me. Maybe she does have a thing for me?

To be honest though, I like June too. I haven't said this before, but ever since I laid my eyes on June, I thought we were just gonna be friends. But the more I got to know her, the more I actually grew a liking to her. I mean, she is very beautiful and anyone would be lucky enough to have her as their girlfriend. And I don't want to get my hopes up to high, but I really hope it is actually me. That way, the strange behavior and weird compliments would make more sense.

I decided that I would talk to her during lunch that day. I figured that I'd give her some space for now since she needed it anyway. And if what Ivy says is true, then I'll just have to get her to confess and then I'll confess back. It's just how that works, I guess. She doesn't have an abusive dad like me, but I bet she could use some extra company.

At that moment, the bell rang and we all had to get to class now. But I still viwed to talk to June at lunch and confess to her. I figured we've known each other long enough, so why not?

What did you think of this chapter? How are you feeling about June's slight obsession towards May? And what about May actually feeling the same way? Let me know in the comments and vote on this chapter to see how this plays out in the next chapters.