Oliver sat on his bed, unable to fall a sleep. His mind wandering off to quidditch, to the try outs, to Delilah. He sat there, looking out of the window and wondering if Delilah really hated him that much or if she was just trying to stop him from figuring her out.

He also thought about what flower names he hadn't used for her because her reaction to them was priceless.
Tossing and turning in his bed brought him no sleep and so he decided to go to the common room.

"Who do you have against Oliver?" He heard a familiar voice. Stopping in his track, he stood there hearing the conversation.
"He's annoying" this voice surely belonged to Delilah.
"You find everyone annoying"
Why were they talking about him?
"He talks way too much about quidditch. I hear enough of that at home"
Oliver wanted to scoff at that statement but controlled himself. He didn't want them to know he was eavesdropping. He didn't want to eavesdrop on their conversation at all but he couldn't help himself after he heard his own name.
"It's been 3 years and I still don't understand your hate for quidditch."
That was something Oliver was wondering too. He hoped Delilah explained her hate towards quidditch but unfortunately she remained quiet.
"You used to come to every quidditch game in our first year, what happened after that?"
"Matt left Hogwarts. I was only supporting him"

Lies. The girl was lying. She didn't hate quidditch and she didn't stop going to the games because her brother left.
Oliver didn't know how he figured it out or if his instincts were faltering him but he felt the strain in Delilah's voice when she said she was only supporting her brother.
The boy contemplated if he should go down the rest of the staircase but then decided against it.

Oliver, Percy and Alexander walked through Hogsmead eyeing each shop with excitement. The three had become good friends pretty quickly since they shared a dorm together. They laughed and joked around pulling each other into their favourite shops.

"I need some ink, can we get that first?" Percy asked.
The other two boys groaned but followed him into the shop anyway.
"Be quick Perce! I want to go to Dervish & Banges" Alexander told his friend.
"Can we get butterbeer first!? I'm craving it"
"I would like that too" Percy called out without moving his gaze away from the ink pots.
Alexander stuck out his tongue at Oliver, "Percy only wants to go to three broomsticks to see Penny" he said.
"That's not true! I'm going there to get butterbeer" he finally chose an ink pot and went up to the counter.
"He wants to take penny out on a date-"
"-At madam Puddifoot's!"
"And kiss her"
"Marry her"
"He's probably even thought of their children's names" The two boys laughed and teased their friend who was turning red by the second.
"Sod off!" He said shoving Oliver away and rolling his eyes. "This is so NOT true"
"Yeah perce? Then why is your face completely red?" Alexander asked, he arm loosely slung around Percy's shoulder.
"I hate you both" he muttered at the trio walked to the three broomsticks.

Delilah sat with her usual group in the small pub, happily drinking out of her large mug of butterbeer when the trio made a loud entrance.

"Shut up!" Percy Weasley shouted as he left to order for the three. The other two boys went and found a table to sit at which happened to be right in front of Delilah's. Jesse and Clarissa's back we're facing Alexander's back and Oliver (who was sitting across from Alexander) was facing Delilah.

He gave her a small smile which she completely ignored.
Alexander then got up and sat down on a chair next to Wood. They whispered something to each other and then sniggered. Then Alexander stood up and approached their table.

Delilah frowned at the boy as he smiled. Clarissa looked pretty pleased as he approached the table but Clarissa looked pleased with any boy approaching her. Jesse seemed to have the same expression as Delilah and Connor looked down at his butterbeer.

"Can we help you?" Clarissa asked with a sickeningly sweet smile. Delilah rolled her eyes at her friend who was batting her lashes at the boy.
"Oh um..yeah." Alexander seemed nervous but before Clarissa could move forward with the flirting, "Umm..Connor.."
Delilah and Jesse burst into fits of laughter at Clarissa dumbfounded expression.

Connor looked at his friends who only ushered him further as Alexander walked around the table to stand beside him.
"Bring him back before curfew. He doesn't get into detentions" Delilah said winking at Connor.
"And don't snog in the broom closest! Filch checks them regularly" Jesse laughed as the two turned completely red.

Alexander and Connor wrote to each other over the summer and grew pretty close but Connor hadn't told any of his friends before. He had no idea how they knew but he was glad that they did. Him and Alexander (or Alex) left the small pub walking side by side.

Delilah picked up her huge mug only to find it empty. She quickly placed it back down and grabbed Jesse's who let out an inhuman sound of protest.

"Ugh! Why did Connor have to leave!?"
"You should be happy Clare, our boy is going out there! Making friends!" Jesse smiled.
"Yeah but I'm stuck third-wheeling you both!" She groaned. Delilah's jaw dropped as her drink fell from her mouth into her mug. No, Jesse's mug.
"Gross! Lil! You're buying me a new one!" Jesse's nose scrunched up.
"Clarissa! We're not dating!" Delilah completely ignored Jesse's comment.
"You sure look like it!" She smirked.

Jesse and Delilah looked at each other and made sour faces. "She's only my best friend!"
"Exactly! Plus he has eyes out for some other girl!"
Clarissa cocked an eyebrow at the two. Suddenly her face lit up as she saw someone behind the two.
"I'm going to go talk to Roberts over there" She slid out of her chair and left the two alone.

The two sat in silence before Jesse turned around.
"Wood, Weasley! Join us!" He motioned them to sit at their table. Delilah gave him a glare.
"He's a nice person. You'll see" Jesse whispered as he asked the two to join them again.
The two boys hesitantly joined the gryffindor and hufflepuff. Percy plopped next to Jesse as Oliver sat beside Delilah.

"Take this, since Delilah kinda..." Percy passed Jesse a mug of butterbeer which was supposed to be for Alex but he had left.
"Thanks mate" He took the butterbeer from Percy.
"So, Dandelion, change your mind about quidditch yet?" Oliver smiled down at the shorter girl.
"No. No matter how many times you ask, the answer will be no" Delilah told him.
"Don't be such a sourpuss!" He told her.
"What is your obsession with quidditch and me!?" She asked him.
"Well I think you have quidditch in your blood and probably have true potential" his grin was making Delilah more annoyed.
"I hate quidditch"
"We'll see about that. Come to the try outs?"
"No"
"Are you allergic to the pitch as well?"
"Yes! Completely! And now I'm starting to get allergic to you" Though Oliver was only joking and teasing Delilah, the girl had no filter and remained rude to the boy.
"Ouch that hurt, Lavender!" Oliver's voice coated with a thick Scottish accent and his face smirking right at her.
"Okay, calm down Lil. Let's just talk about something else" Jesse diffused the scene or Atleast tried to.

"So, I heard you took Divination" Percy intertwined as well.
"Oh yes, it's rather interesting" she told him, her mood switching to complete happiness in a matter of seconds.
That's creepy. Oliver thought.
"It's horrifying" Jesse commented.
"Yeah I don't think it makes any sense" Oliver added.
"You all just don't have the seer eye!" Delilah flipped her hair back with a proud smile.
"Arithmancy is better" Oliver said and earned a glare from the raven haired girl.
"No one asked for your opinion" Across from her, Jesse kicked her leg hard from under the table and gave her a look. She winced in pain but did not apologize to Oliver.

"Anyways lads, I'll see you tomorrow. And you, never" She looked between Percy and Jesse and then looked at Oliver for the last part before leaving her seat.