Chapter 7: The secret is...

Start from the beginning

-You're right Aleksei- Shifu told him, and Aleksei didn't scared, just worried.

-But if five masters couldn't beat Tai Lung, what chance do I have?- At this point I hated to agree with him... 

But he was right.

The hope I saw before when I looked into his eyes was less but it had not disappeared.

-Because you will have one thing that no one else has- Shifu said with confidence. Obviously he was certain of the canine warrior's abilities. I wanted to see what that one week of training did.

-Better understanding of science, algorithms and mathematics- He said.

It obviously didn't make him less cold than it was before.

-Alright two things- And he turned and walked to the Hall of Heroes with the rest of us following.

Aleksei P.O.V.

We stood in the Hall of Heroes in front of the reflecting pool. The golden statue above us, the scroll that held the secret to my destiny sat between its jaws. I wasn't nervous, but I only had a week's worth training and even though Master Shifu agrees that I am good enough, I still wonder...

-Am I ready for this?- I turned my head head to my master, waiting for him to answer.

-I believe you are, Aleksei- That was enough to put a smile in my face. The fact that he had such faith in my abilities gave me the confidence boost I needed.

Shifu walked over to the shrine created to honor the late Master Oogway and picked up the Cherrywood staff that once belonged to him. I could hear he walked back to the pool of water and started to twirl the staff in a peaceful and non-aggressive fashion. His twirling created a breeze that picked up some flower petals that were floating in the water. I could feel how he manipulated the breeze into a light whirlwind which ended with one of the petals landing on the side of the scroll case. That was all it took for it to fall from the statue's mouth. Shifu then used the staff to catch the scroll just before it hit the water, a motion that caused a single ripple across the water's surface.

Isn't it amazing what a calm mind can do?

-Here, Aleksei. The Dragon Scroll. It belongs to you now- He presented me the scroll that held the secret to limitless power. I was just about to take it when a thought entered my head.

-How I am going to read it? I am blind- Good question, right? 

Everyone was surprised for what I said, after all. How I am going to read it if do not have eyes that work.

-Let Tigress read it for me- I recommended, after all she's got eyes that work.

-Of course- I heard Master Shifu said. Handing the scroll to Tigress, She took it with a mumbled thanks and started enrolled it. Master Tigress opened it completely to reveal...

Something.

...

...

...

-Its a mirror- I heard her say, now that was really anticlimactic.

-What!- Shifu exclaimed. I wonder how he did not heard her? She tried handing him the scroll.

-No! I am forbidden to...- He grabbed it from her and opened and closed it rapidly.

Forbidden, huh?

-I don't understand- Was all that Shifu could say. It was obvious to me. Oogway made a mistake. The universe chose wrong. There's no way I could be Dragon Warrior.