𝑶𝑵𝑬 - 𝑨 𝑹𝑰𝑫𝑬 𝑯𝑶𝑴𝑬

Bắt đầu từ đầu

Lily walked up the street to The Chateau, John B's place. She had slept at The Château more nights than her own home. John B was like a second brother to her and his dad, Big John, had treated her like a daughter. But that was before he went missing, nine months ago. Now John B lived in the old shack alone, still believing that his father is alive. Lily didn't know what to believe, but deep down, she still had a little hope left that he would turn up at the door.

"Hi Lils", JJ called out from the sofa without looking up. John B sat beside him, holding a beer.

"Hey" She mumbled as she sat down next to John B with the bottle of vodka in her hand. John B looked up at her and his eyes instantly widened at the sight of her beaten up cheek, that she had forgotten about.

"What the fuck happened to your face?" John B asked her although he knew the answer. Now JJ looked up too.

"No no no, I told you to not go home! I though you were at Kie's?" JJ said as he grabbed her face and inspected the large bruise that was forming on her right cheek.

"Don't worry, it doesn't hurt anymore" She said in a too happy tone and took a swing from the bottle of alcohol. JJ felt so guilty for not being there and protecting her from their father. He always tried to be home and take the hits instead of his sister but he didn't know she would go home yesterday.

"Don't ever go home without me, okay? and where did you get that?" Her brother said, pointing at the bottle.

"Mhm. Uh, dad left it in my room" Lily answered, letting out a chuckle as she took another swing of the alcohol. It started to hit now, she felt so much happier.

"Vodka at nine am. not good for you" John B said as he snatched the bottle out of her hands before she could drink anymore.

"Oh shut up Johnny. It gotta be something good innit" The girl argued jokingly as she watched him walk the kitchen and put the bottle in one of the cabinets that was a little to high up for Lily to open.

"Did dad say something else? You know to never listen at him, right?" JJ questioned her with concern in his voice.

"No. I'm fine guys" She lied. If it was one thing that Lily was really, really bad at, it was talking about her feelings and trauma. Just as her brother, she hated it when people pityed her and always felt like she was just bothering them. The two boys looked at her worriedly but didn't say anything.

"Whatever, i have work in fifteen minutes so i would really appreciate it if any of you dickheads could drive me" Lily said to change subjekt.

———————————————————————

As she had said goodbye to JJ, who had dropped her off with John Bs van, she walked into The Wreck. Kiara had gotten her a job about five months ago as a waitress, so she was serving tourons on an everyday basis.

"Hi Kie, sorry i'm late" She said to Kiara as she entered the restaurant. Kiara, Kie, or Kay, as Lily used to call her, were cleaning the restaurant floor as she looked up at the blonde girl.

"Hey, it's fine, but imma leave now that your here. You're spending the night at John Bs right?" Kiara asked Lily who was putting on the restaurant uniform.

"Yeah i guess, why?"

"You know there's a hurricane coming, Agatha. I would love to stay to but my parents doesn't let me", The taller girl explained. Lily always wished she had parents like Kiaras. Parents who loved her and cared for her endlessly.

"Oh, Right. I forgot about the storm" Lily responded as she put her blonde, wavy hair into a ponytail. It was rough and bristly since she spent more time in the saltwater than on land. Lily loved surfing, just as her brother and friends. There was something about the freedom and happiness you feel when you catch a wave. It was the feeling of forgetting about all the bad things that was going on at home and just living in the moment. It was like drinking and smoking, but better, and a tiny bit healthier.