Chapter Six: Heroes to be Reborn

Start from the beginning

Gates of Port Arrowhead...
Gleipnir HQ...
Ashlands...

???: It doesn't matter what I do, or what happens next... I'm certain that I'll die.

Outside of the ungerground entrance to Port Arrowhead, inside a raging ash storm, a 4th gen Adaptive God Eater sat against the dented walls of the Port's entryway, panting and heaving for a breath of fresh air. The majority of her dark skined body and jet black hair burnt to a crisp by the Ashblight that the storm brought with it; The exception to this was her right arm where the armlet attached to her wrist broke apart, causing the oracle cells within her to run rampant, simultaneously devouring and mutating her body. What was once a human arm is now black and gold scales and claws vaguely resembling that of a lion's paw. As she sat alone, God Arc at her side, crying in agony from both the Ashblight and her own body devouring itself, she continued to think to herself with an odd sense of pride as a pair of red eyes glowed brightly in front of her within the storm.

???: If the Ashblight don't get me, or my own body doesn't devour itself, the Ashborn in front of me will.

Watching several pairs of serrated teeth emerge from below the glowing eyes, the young woman tried to move her infected body, reaching for her God Arc to no avail.

???: I can't even fight in this state... just get it over with, please...

Despite her heavy breathing, she quickly saw darkness as her consciousness began to fade. Before her demise, she cracked a smile as she thought to herself.

???: Mother was right... To be an AGE is to be an unsung hero. The Governor General has escaped from this disaster, and so are the Gleipnir soldiers and the other AGEs. I sincerely apologize mother, but it is as you said, "In the house of La Trémoïlle, the best of us die young."
___________________________________

Gemini's Domain...
Realm of the Gods...

Her consciousness embarked into darkness before being suddenly blinded by a flash of light. Unable to look away, or even move her body for that matter, the young woman naturally winced as her vision went from eternal darkness to eternal light.

???: Tsch!

Gemini: Apologies, young one...

???: !

Gemini: I'm.... not too used to the process. That said, I believe it's a success.

As the young woman's vision began to return, as the bright but empty light fade away, she noticed several unexpected things at once, the first being her setting: A large cloud in the skies. Above what, was unclear. The second was the woman in front of her, or rather a deity of a similar skin tone and gender and the oddly gentle, calming aura she gave off as the golden winds of time blew around her. The last, and most important to her, was her body. Gone were the Ashblight and the Oracle Cell mutation. Instead, her armlets were rebuilt from the ground up, as if the battle with the Ashborn had never occured.

All this and more expedited the young woman's confusion as she began to ask with hints of a French accent.

???: I... Umm.... Well.... Am I....?

Gemini: Ease yourself at the moment, young one. You're not dead.

???: Oh? O-Okay....?

Gemini: Can you state your name, young one?

???: My name... Gabriella... Gabriella La Trémoïlle. I'm an AGE for... well, "was" an AGE.

The deity nodded, hiding her delight as she explained.