Chapter 10: Obeying Sin

Her eyes turn an icy blue, her facial expression loosens as all indication of panic and fury vanish.

"I believe we have a party to ruin," He smirks. "Ansel and Oved follow Barton orders. Adira you must act like you still have control over your mind, when I ask you to. For now, you must follow me." Adira nods obediently. He changes her appearance, styling her hair with a curly up do and transforming her black clothing into a silky gold gown with embroidered diamonds on the neckline.

The night air felt bitter but embracing as they walk towards the museum they enter through the employee only door on the side. Everything appears elegantly exemplar, even though they needn't bother impressing anybody but the employees.

Adira trails behind him as he walks up the flight of stairs. At the top Adira could see a pair of two unhappy security guards, Loki, quick to act, swings his cane smacking the man to the right onto the ground. Clearly knowing he was out of his league the second guard ran away from the scene looking behind him he could see Adira charging after him. Before he got the chance to pull out his communicator Adira tackles him to the ground, then to make sure he'd stay unconscious she uppercuts his chin.

"Don't bother with the body," Loki states, motioning Adira to continue they walk down the corridor until they reach the balcony that overlooks the main room full of spectators and entrepreneurs examining the pieces of art. Directly below was the man they need, making a speech at the podium. They glide down the decorative L shape staircase with such poise that anyone who didn't work there would think they're affiliated with the Stuttgart Museum.

Adira advances past Loki, eyes set on the guard in front of her. She pulls her arm back and with all her force she thrusts her hand clenching her fist right before she makes contact with his nose. People in the crowd notice the small brawl happening near the bottom of the stairs, the few near it start to back away from the danger. The man at the podium, however, walks towards the commotion to see why some appear so afraid. Without hesitation, Adira throws one last blow to the guard knocking him unconscious as Loki strides past grabbing the podium man by his collar and flipping him onto the sacrificial horse table.

With one swift move, Loki withdraws his device and thrusts it into the man's eye sending everyone into a disorganized frenzy. Adira stands and watches beside Loki, the usual calm collect wealthy, look frightened and defenseless. The man's flailing stops as Loki's scanning completes. He disenchants the device and summons chain handcuffs with a swish of his hand and hurriedly cuffs her wrists together. Taking notice of her puzzled visage he tries to explain part of his plan.

"They must trust you," he says, conjuring a replica of her necklace. "Tell them," Loki says as he fastens it around her neck. "I was unsuccessful in gaining access to your mind with my magic because of your pendant." Adira nods her head.

He grabs the chain linking to her cuffs pulling her along as she pretends to struggle, drawing herself back twisting her body to turn around, but to no avail, he yanks the chain pulling her forward and making her less resistant. He transforms his clothes formal to battle as he walks out of the museum onto the street people push their way past him. Twenty-five feet away a police car races towards them. With one flick of his scepter, the car flips into the air causing a loud crash catching the attention of civilians nearby.

A devilish smile curls upon his lips as he felt power surging through his body, he creates a duplicate of himself stopping the crowd from running away from him. "Kneel before me," he demands. The crowd continues to scream, disregarding his command.

"I said. KNEEL!" He roars. His bold and rash actions make them feel weak and shaky, anxiety and fear clouds their minds and thought process, it takes almost a minute to respond and kneel before him. Loki's smile widens, embracing his arms out and letting go of Adira's chain he casts a stationary spell upon her, rooting her in her exact position with "fear" etched on her face she anticipates his next move.