Chapter 15: This Is War

His blue eyes pierced through her's as he held out her necklace. She didn't understand why he make a request that would ultimately defog his magic. She dubiously grabbed her necklace. Carefully, she unhooked the clasp and laid the necklace on her chest then closed the clasp.

Adira's body began to tremble. Fer mind concentrated on clearing out the fog, everything went white. Loki grabbed her as she fell, determined to hold her up. Her eyes slowly started to change from their icy blue to a warm brown. Her mind began to feel more at ease and clear. The white light began to fade and the only thing she could recognize was carpet and shoes. Her eyes followed the shoes up to see Loki, still holding her up.

"What are doing..." Her voice faded as Loki waved one of his hands in front of her face, putting a small sleeping spell on her. The muscles in Adira's body loosened causing her to collapsed onto his arms. Loki carefully picked her up and gently laid her down on the couch.

"Keeping you safe," he whispered.

Adira woke up, hazy and unsure of her where she was. The sound of destruction enclosed around her directing her focus to another problem. She groggily got off the couch and stumbled to the balcony. She was devastated to see the strange warrior aliens on flying vehicles. Buildings were wrecked and people ran in terror. She looked up, her eyes widened when she saw a large gaping hole in the sky surrounded by blue mist. More of the aliens swarming out tailed by a ginormous space whale. "Shit shit shit." Adira chanted running back inside to the elevator desperate to get down there and help.

Running haphazardly onto the streets she was nearly blasted by an alien weapon. She quickly realized how hopeless unarmed she was. She hid behind cars and other miscellaneous objects as police cars raced down the street, dodging the debris, to aid the civilians. More explosion were occurring down the street. Ahead of her she saw Cap, Natasha, Clint and her sister crouching behind a taxi cab.

"Leala!" Adira screamed. Leala faced her in disbelief. All of them noticed her and quickly got into defense position. Adira stopped. "It's me, I swear." Leala inspected her.

"Adira," she whispered. "It's her, her eyes. You can tell by the eyes." They all ducked as a blast from one of the Chitauri struck a building.

"So Captain, what's your plan?" Adira asked walking closer to them.

"You and Leala need to help the civilians trapped inside the buildings, Barton, Natasha and I need to get back up to the tower and shut the Tesseract down," Cap said.

"We're on it," Adira said. Cap nodded to them. A wave of Chitauri swooped in, Leala and Adira bolted.

"You wouldn't happen to have a spare gun or knife on you by any chance?" Adira asked while they ran. Leala took out a spare gun and handed it to her.

The screams of a thousand people bounced off the buildings and echoed through the streets as Chitauri warriors blasted anything and everything in sight.

"Move! get into the building!" Leala and Adira hollered as they passed by people. The more that flowed in through the portal the more that made their way onto the streets to harass and attack pedestrians. Adira shot one and missed which pissed him off. He sharply turned around to face Adira, pointed his weapon at her to shoot. She jumped out of the way and bolted towards the warrior and shot him point blank, his body hit the floor with a loud thud. Adira grabbed his weapon and closely inspected it. The barrel was longer than a rifle's and it appeared to have no chamber or magazines. Staff gun. Adira thought,

"How do you think it works?" Leala asked as Adira ran towards her.

"I think you just-" she grasped it with both hands, stroking it to find the trigger. Her finger glided over it and accidently shot it off hitting a wall.

"Woah," Leala stared at it. "I think that will come in handy."

Adira slides her hand away from the trigger and ran back out onto the streets. Explosions became more frequent, almost drowning out the screams.

"Where shou-" Leala's question was drowned out by an explosion from behind. Adira turned and saw a car flip on its backside and three Chitauri warriors jump out of their flying vehicles.

"Leala we have three Chitauri on the ground," Adira warned. The slowing began to walk towards her crouched as if they all had hunches while sputtering in their native tongue at each other.

"Make that six there are three more in front of me."

"I'll get these ones you focus on your's." Adira established. She moved herself into fighting stance. With her "staff gun" in both hands, she pulled the trigger shooting the one on the left first. She then swung the weapon behind her with one hand as she ducked and rolled to the side catching it with her other hand she aimed at the one on the right and pulled the trigger once again. The last one lunged towards her to stab instead of firing his weapon, she jumped out of the way and smacked him with enough force to incapacitated for a few seconds. While on the ground she took the time to shoot him.

Adira spun around to see Leala just killed her last one. "Alright let's get out of here." Adira said. A gurgling battle cry echoed around them.

"Do you think the Chitauri are getting pissed?" Leala joke.

"I hope not," Adira mumbled.

"Adira look up!" Leala said frightenedly. Adira stopped and turned around to see Leala looking up at the portal. Two more Chitauri whales floated out generating more alien vocalization sending shivers down both their spines.

"We have to keep going, come one," Adira said sternly. They continued running dodging blasts and attacking the warriors. When they reached the steps of the library they snuck in, tiptoeing inside until the reached the book return desk. Adira poked her head out to evaluate the situation.

"There's four-five Chitauri surrounding what looks like about 40 civilians," Adira whispered, ducking back under the desk.

"Why don't we blast them from here?" Leala suggested.

"If we do there's a high chance they'll shoot the civilians." Adira poked her head out again thinking of a way to attack them. "I'll go around to the left," she whispered crouching down. "While you hit the ones on the right," she instructed. Leala nodded her head. They both maneuvered away from their desk and towards their targets. Adira and Leala popped out from behind their book cases shooting rapidly at their targets until all of them were dead.

"Good job," Adira said jokingly.

"Thanks, you too," Leala said grabbing one of the Chitauri staff guns.

"Is everyone alright?" Adira asked the crowd. They just stood in silence still shaken up from everything that's happened in the last hour. "I take that as a yes."

"Adira," Leala said trying to get her attention. Adira looked at Leala who nodded toward the door.

"Um just stay off the streets for now," Adira said as she rushed out with Leala. In the minutes they were inside more buildings had been damaged with more Chitauri on the streets.

"Stay close sis," Adira said. The Chitauri noticed the presence and began walking closer, crouching over like the others. Adira and Leala started shooting wildly and dodging when they needed to. Leala shot the last one.

"They're definitely going to have to change to S.H.I.E.L.D. handbook now," Leala said out of breath earning a laugh from her sister.

"C'mon let's go," Adira said patting Leala's shoulder.

Hey! This is really our of character for me posting three chapter in one day. If you follow me make sure you've read the other two Ch. 13 part 2 & Ch. 14. Hope you've enjoyed the story this far :)