Chapter 8: Battle Together

Start from the beginning

Jaune turned to Velvet.

"Where's the rest of your team?" he asked her.

"We got separated from those things and I've been fending for myself," she said.

"Well, you're with us," Jaune said. "That matters"

Velvet's ear raised up in surprise that Jaune cared for her, she blushed tomato red, Jaune noticed her blushing and thought she was not feeling well.

"Velvet are you alright?" he asked, inspecting her closely.

"WHA- no! No!" she said hesitantly. "I'm all right"

The AGES were still shaken from what happened, but they just left it be and continued on. They all ventured to the entrance of the Comm tower, as they walked around a loud 'ROAR' echoed out through the place, the AGES were alerted and readied their position and surrounded the students. They searched where the sound was coming from, then the Pita came down from a tall building landing on its feet. 

They all readied their weapons but it roared again, the AGES thought it taunted us to attack him but we heard footsteps coming from behind

They all readied their weapons but it roared again, the AGES thought it taunted us to attack him but we heard footsteps coming from behind. They turned around to see different large Aragamis, the Pita didn't come alone, the Aragamis looked very different and their skin color was different from the Pita. It growled and walked around us trying to distract us while a few other Aragamis came.

"We're surrounded," Ruby said. "What do we do?"

"I don't know," Jaune said. "But stay together"

The Aragamis growled to each other in different tones, Jaune was still in thought on what to do, then he heard a voice in his head saying 'we must devour' he was alerted and tried to find the voice.

"Kill them," a voice said. "We must kill them all"

Jaune tried to find but then he noticed the Pita staring at him, Jaune was confused at the moment but when he looked into the eyes of the black Vajra he felt a connection like no other, he can read their minds, Jaune thought it was in his mind but it looked at him like he wanted to talk.

"What do you want with us?" Jaune asked using his newfound ability.

"You can understand me?" The Pita asked.

"Yes, and now answer my question," Jaune said. "what do you want with us?"

"It's not your friends that we want," Pita said. "we want you"

"Why?" Jaune asked

"Your ability is none like any other," the Pita said. "You possess something intriguing"

"And what is that?" Jaune asked.

"Didn't you notice this situation was in," the Pita said. "you can communicate with us, and there are more abilities you can use than just talking to us"

"But for now we must leave," Pita added.

"WAIT!" Jaune yelled. "What other abilities?"

"You'll see," Pita said. "when the time comes we will see who will be the 'one' "

Then all of the Aragami left, leaving Jaune and his group safe, but then two Ogretails dashed upon us, the Pita tried to catch them but was too late, the two started to go to Weiss and she then fell to the ground.

"Weiss!" Jaune yelled as he ran to her.

Then Jaune dove in front of Weiss protecting her. As Jaune reached in front of Weiss he reached his hands without thinking it might get eaten but as he reached something happened, as he looked he saw his hands turn into gigantic arms the size of regular Aragami arms, as he caught the two he then crushed them killing them in the process. Aragami took a step back out of fear, then Juane's mutated arms turned back into normal, good thing the armlet withstood the mutation, June turned to Weiss who fell, offered help to her.

"You all right?" Jaune asked.

"Yeah," Weiss said. "Why did you do that, you sacrificed yourself to protect me why?"

"Because I can't lose a friend," he said as he walked away.

"Before," she said. "Why did you like me? Cause I'm wealthy? Or is it because I'm an heiress"

Jaune stopped and looked at her, giving her an innocent look.

"I saw you, in a different way," he said. "And I don't care about fame and fortune, I care about the person who can just be herself"

Giving an innocent smile.

Weiss' heart beating fast, she blushed and was confused, she thought to herself 'what is this feeling? Why is my heart beating fast? Is it because of...Jaune?' she thought hard and long why is she feeling this way, she realized something, she was crushing on Jaune. She tried to ignore the fact but she finally accepted it.

"Jaune, what was that?" Hugo asked.

"I don't know, but whatever it is we need to check it out," Jaune said.

Then they all left for the plaza, hoping not to run into any Aragami.

As they reached the plaza they saw the ash crawler carrying all the survivors going to their position, as it stopped it lowered the ramps and all civilians came out and saw us they all rushed to us, and took pictures of us they even thanked us from saving us.

"Thank you so much," a person said happily crying.

"Your welcome," Jaune said. "we're just here to help"

As the scroll cameras flashed, then two people came to them one was a man with gray hair and spectacles he held on a cane, while the other was a woman who was blonde and her hair was rolled up into a bun, she wore glasses and has a small cape attached to the collar.

"Mr. Arc," the man said. "It's nice to see you again"

"It's good to see you again," Juane said. "Professor Ozpin"

"Well, since you're back," Ozpin said. "I believe we have something to discuss along with your newfound friends, we have some catching up to do Mr. Arc"

"It's not Arc sir," Jaune stated.

"Oh really," Ozpin said. "What is it then?"

"Chrysanthemum" Jaune answered. "Jaune Chrysanthemum"