He snaps his gaze away almost as quickly as it had made a home upon me.

Kylo Ren hums and gives me a small smile which I do not return,

"Good, good." He murmurs below his breath to nobody in particular, but they were clearly on the basis of Anwar's previous words.

I chomp on the inside of my cheek hard and forcefully, when I remember the way he had, so often, called me a, Good Girl – And the ever growing rapture of guilt and dismay, only punched deep holes into the pulsate of my sobbing heart, as I felt as if I was being unfaithful to Anwar. Not in the romantic way, though I often had wished, but in a sense that I knew he deeply loathed The First Order, and here I was, allowing the most powerful member of the Order, to wrap his long fingers around the veins of my wrist.

I taste the metallic flavour of sinking blood upon my tongue soon after, but the caution that should arrive in the painful crimson, is only subdued by the drawn-away tone and expression of the blonde boy.

He shrugs his broad shoulders casually, despite the rage that builds and tilts his head to the side, focusing his eyes to only the horse, that has now become my own – But I do not care for the mare anymore.

"The only thing I would suggest, is that either of you, insure that you check on him at least, once every two days, so he can get used to your company and trust you enough for eventual riding." Anwar explains so clearly, and I am suddenly thrown back to all those times where I watched him tend to the horses, either by adjusting their gear or brushing their mane, whilst also explaining the little quirks of each mare with a tender smile that I currently wish, could return to beacon me truely home.

Kylo nods simply, barely giving Anwar the decency of even a subtle glance,

"I'm sure she will be delighted to make his accompany that often," He says with his deep tones, and I glare at the rosy tinge upon his lips as he turns back to me once more, "She loves the horses, so you must be doing a good job at keeping them to standards."

He speaks at me, but not to me.

My stomach tightens into a brutal knot and I avoid turning my lips into a scowl upon him. I hate him. I hate him. I hate him. I chant over and over in my head, but the delusional side of me, still adds their whispering of... But not his touch. But not his touch. But not his touch.

I wring my wrist in his leather hands, but he only twists the skin in my movement, making the cut in my cheek only worsen as I bite harder onto the teeth indents I had already caused, at the burning sensation he causes painfully.

Anwar glances slowly between the two of us, his eyes taking their time upon the golden glare of my crown and then narrowing at the reddening skin beneath the leather of Kylo's grip.

"She does?" He clenches his jaw, playing along despite the fact he knew me better than anyone in Jorkhan did. Suddenly, he gives me a distant, forced smile and I gasp silently to the stretch of his lips as he says, "I'm glad you enjoy them, but I have only been working at these stables for a week now, the main handler in the stable crew went missing a while back."

A week. He's been here for a week, and I didn't even have the slightest inkling.

Bile rises acidly into the bottom of my throat, and I swallow the memory of opening my legs to Kylo Ren, whilst Anwar was, unknowingly, only paces away.

"Have you always been a stable holder?" Kylo turns to him and asks, pretending as if he cared the slightest bit. I mean, he was the one who made the original worker disappear anyway – And suddenly, I am grateful for his stubbornness, for it means Anwar would have never been either asked or forced to tend to the palace's horses.