Colby rolls his bright eyes. "Do you want to smoke or not," Colby asks slightly annoyed.

"Gross. You know I hate smoking." He said drained.

Colby takes another drag and blows the smoke out of the side of his lips. "Really? That's odd," He says thoughtfully while looking out at the birds in the grass.

"What?" Sam whispers confused at what he's implying.

"I don't know I just remembered some words were said like 'I only like the smoke when it involves you', I quite remember us taking turns with one too," Colby smirks locking eye contact with the widened blue eyes in front of him.

Sam blushes as he glances around but doesn't say anything.

Colby notices the blond blushing and the purple-haired boy just laughs. How cute- wait what the fuck? No, no, no, I am not having one thought like that about him, I just got to remember he hurt me. Colby rolls his eyes at his thoughts. The dark purple-haired boy takes another puff and lets the smoke out trying to ignore Sam's presence.

Sam sits down on the ground, leaning against the brown brick wall playing on his phone, and just waits.

After a few moments Colby is done with his cigarette, he and Sam don't say anything and go inside.

❦❦

Colby unlocks his door goes inside, closing the door behind him gently. He walks to the kitchen table once he notices a folder on the table that is held inside of different papers. The dark purple-haired boy put his bag down on the ground next to the door and walk over to the table.

Colby opens the folder his heart nearly dropped after he saw an unexpected word printed on the paper. He never thought his mother would ever do this. She always told him about everything whatever her intellect is.

Suddenly His mother walks in and she froze when she sees her son holding the papers. A sigh escapes from her as she walks over to her son.

"How long mom?" Colby furrow his eyebrows and the tears in his eyes threatened to fall.

She looks down a little and she kinda feels guilty when she didn't talk to her son when she was thinking about divorcing.

"Mom?" Colby's voice begins to shake.

She lifts her head and looks at her son. "A few months."

Hitched breathing like he couldn't breathe. "D-did dad know?"

"No. I just got the papers a week ago and I'm going to see if your father could sign it." She said. "And I was wondering if you want-"

He interrupts her. "I don't want to see him," Colby says without a doubt. "After everything, he put me through? No, no way. It pains me to see him because I still have nightmares from that 'man' I just couldn't imagine if I visited him." He let his tears escape while his voice starts to break like he's about to cry.

His mother pulls him into a tight hug, rubbing his back. She knew he needed to comfort her.

"I couldn't do it, mom." Colby chokes out and hugs her back. "I couldn't do it," His voice muffled as he buried his face into her shoulder.

"I know baby." His mother continues rubbing his back. "You don't have to." She whispers.

After a few moments, they pull away once he calms down. Colby sniffles and wipes his tears with the sleeve of his hoodie.

"I'm sorry I asked. I figured if you want to see him but-"

"No, it's ok. You asked me if I want to go with you so you won't be alone," He says. "But I'm just... not ready to see him."