"My name is Officer Davis and I came here to ask you a few questions." Colby nods preparing himself.

❦❦

Colby lays upside down on his couch staring at the TV in pure boredom, so he does what any teenager would and pulls out his phone.  

To Shea 🌸:
- hey can you come over,
Please with two cherries

From Shea🦋:
- For cherries? Duh, on my way rn!

To Shea 🌸:
- Haha okay see you in a bit🖤
Seen at 1:30 am

Shea arrives around 15 minutes later, letting herself in.

"Hey," she walks over ruffling Colby's dark violet purple hair. "I was promised cherries," she crosses her arms standing right in front of the TV blocking his view.

Colby just laughs and motions her away saying help yourself to the fringe. She seems satisfied with that and comes back a few moments later with the whole jar of cherries.

"So," she sits next to her best friend getting comfy on the couch. "Remember yesterday? There was a certain blond watching us." Colby tries to remember a moment yesterday when Sam could have been watching them, after school.

"Great he saw me crying." Colby internally rolls his eyes.  "Eh whatever, what's he going to do about it."

Shea looks down at her friend with squinted eyes, she knows that bugs him even if he doesn't know it. Colby's fragile but he hates when anyone that's not her sees that, and since it happened to be Sam, that he has a history with, there's no way in hell he just doesn't care.

❦❦

Monday morning Sam walks through the school hallways when suddenly he bumps Shea, there's no mistaking her bright blue eyes and pitch-black hair.

"Shea, I've been hoping to run into you, I'm so sorry."

"It's o-" she's about to tell the person thinking they were just apologizing for bumping into her. "Sam!?" She looks to him in shock once her brain process what was said. She groans in annoyance, it's not that she has a problem with him but all she knows is he hurt Colby in some way therefore on her hit list. She's about to just walk away but he quickly grabs onto her wrist.

"Wait, how's Colby?"

Shea scoffs, "Why do you care? You've hurt him before, you didn't care then did you?" She snaps glaring at him.

"I care now and I cared then," he says even though his face stays neutral after she says that.

"No, you don't or didn't!" She nearly yelled when she feels a wave of slight anger. Shea looks at the blond boy. She always read every one page by page like an open book but except for Sam. He's unreadable.

"Yes, I do! He was my best friend-" Sam cuts himself off from finishing that.

"Was! Past tense. If you care so much you shouldn't have left him back then." Sam doesn't reply, he left him, yes but he had a reason. At the time it felt like the right decision but as time goes on it feels worse and worse.

"Exactly... no matter what a true best friend doesn't leave their other half, Sam," she mumbles.
Sam's about to respond but she's quick to cut him off. "No excuses," she shakes her head looking him up and down one before walking away.

Sam watches her and sighs through his nose, well if she not going to tell me maybe he should find out for himself.

❦❦