" oww' okay "

She then changes the direction to the girl.

I'm just staring at her, she's crying hard. I don't know why but I feel pity and sad.

I think she feel my presence because she stops crying now but I can still see her with teary eyes.

" why are you staring at me?"

I smile and said.

" what's your name? " I softly said.

" why would I tell you my name? My mom said I should not talk to the people I don't know "

" is that so? Well then my name is Nancy Prale Harper . Now that you know me may I know what's your name?"

" why? Why are you asking my name?"

" because I want to know is that an enough reason? "

She's puzzled and don't know if she will tell me her name or not. But still she let me know it.

" I'm Kayla Walter "

" what a nice name for a pretty girl like you " I smilingly said.

" thank you, your pretty too and nice "

I just smile in her compliment.

" I'm going outside you want to come with me?"

" yes "

" great let's go "

I don't know why I want her to join me but I feel comfortable to this kid.

We are going to the garden. Well then, a few days of staying here I have my favorite place where I use to go if I want peace of mind or I have nothing to do.

" this place is wonderful "

" that was really my first impression when I got here "

" look! A lot of beautiful flowers are in this place "

" you like flowers?"

" I don't like them because I love them "

I'm still sitting in the wheelchair while Kayla is sitting down the grass.

" why don't you try to sit down with me here "

" I'm sorry to disappoint you pretty kid but ate Nancy will not sit there " Emy objected.

" but why? I just want her to share how great I'm feeling right now by sitting down in the grass "

" because ate Nancy will not--"

I cut her and said

" help me to sit down there "

" but N'ancy? "

" I've been in this place for how many long weeks and just for once I want to feel that I can still or do the things I want "

Emy didn't object but rather help me to sit down with this little girl.

" its awesome right? The grass is tickling me "

" yes " I answer.

" Nancy? "

" yes?"

" I'll just go to check something I'll be right back "

" okay "

Now it's just me and Kayla.

She's lying down while her head is in my lap.

" by the way why are crying a while ago?"

" mom said that I should not tell my private life to someone I don't know "

" but you know me "

" only by name, and were not friends yet"

" you want us to be friends? "

" yes "

" well then join me in all your pinky promises, so will you tell me why are you crying?"

" okay! If you promise that it's our secret "

" pinky promise "

" okay! I'm crying because my mom said she will leave me and will never comeback " she sadly said.

" why?"

" I don't know but yaya may said that my mom is sick "

I feel sad. Because anytime soon she will be alone.

" what's her illness?"

" I heard it's called cancer. Is that a fever? But I don't think it is. Because my mom said she don't have fever "

Cancer? I don't know what to say. I just feel the burden and pity. How come at young age she's experiencing this pain? If having an illness can make you feel so much hurt and pain how much more for this little kid that doesn't know that her mom is going to leave her soon? How can she accept that if that day will come?

I can see sadness in her eyes' I see how much she love her mom.

I didn't answer all her questions about cancers and whatsoever instead I just hug her tight.

I just want to let her feel that she's not alone with this pain. She's not alone in this world. I can't let this girl be in so much pain in her young age. But I know I can't do anything about it. That's why I feel sad and useless.

" why are you hugging me ate Nancy?"

" no matter what happened promise me you'll be brave okay?"

" what are you saying? What do you mean ate Nancy?"

I know this is not good for me. I know being in this feeling can harm me. But I can't stop myself.

My heart beats abnormally, and I'm starting to catch my breath, and everything is starting to fade away.

" ate Nancy? Is there something wrong? Why you're not responding?"

I don't clearly understand what her saying.

But the last thing I know before I block out, I was holding Kayla's hand.

" I'm sorry " the last word I utter to Kayla. And everything becomes black.