"Azazel!" She announces, causing him to look confused at Shaw, Hank gets the upper hand and bring him down, they share a touching moment and it warms my heart. We run to capture Azazel as Shaw's corpse flies out of the submarine, followed by Erik. The corpse drops at our feet, followed by Banshee and Havoc approaching us, clearly hurt. Erik floats behind them with a helmet on. It's clearly blocking me out, so it must block Charles out too.

"Today our fighting stops!l Erik floats himself out of the submarine and lands on the ground. "Take off your blinders, brothers and sisters. The real enemy is out there. I feel their guns moving in the water. Their metal, targeting us. Americans, Soviets, humans. United in their fear of the unknown. The Neanderthal is running scared, my fellow mutants. Go ahead, Charles. Tell me I'm wrong." Erik walks forward as Charles uses his powers. He sends Moira away and just looks to me, saddened. I know he knows Erik is right, they are going to kill us. Suddenly missiles fire from the Americans and the Russians. The X-men all huddle together, not knowing what's about to happen. Then, Erik lifts his hand and stops the missiles in mid-air. He's getting stronger, and he begins to turn the missiles to face the other way.

"Erik, you said yourself, we're the better men. This is the time to prove it." Charles begs but Erik doesn't stop. "There are thousands of men on those ships. Good, honest, innocent men! They're just following orders."

"I've been at the mercy of men just following orders." He responds.

"Erik please no!" I shout, approaching Charles.

"I'm sorry." Erik looks at me with remorse. "Never again!" He shouts and the missiles begin to head back towards the ships. We all stand in horror, watching what is about to happen, then Charles runs and tackles Erik, the loss of concentration makes the missiles crash into each other.

"I don't want to hurt you Charles." Erik sighs as he punches him, then resumes the missiles. All of us begin approaching the scene.

"Stay back" He commands, shooting us back with the metal in our suits. They continue fighting and the missiles are struggling, but still on course. Erik and Charles struggle in the sand, but Erik punches him  and stands up. Suddenly Moira begins to fire shots at Erik but he blocks them with ease. But one bullet however, hits Charles in the back. Charles's scream deafens all who are there. Raven covers her mouth and begins to sob as everyone else seems too shocker to do anything. I am too lost for words to do anything, and I fall to my knees as Charles falls to the ground. Time seems to move so slowly.  Erik rushes forward and holds Charles's body. He looks so sad at the damage that just ensued.

"I'm so sorry." He breaks out. All of us begin to go help Charles again. "I said stay back!" Erik angrily yells. The rest of them stay but I get up, and slowly approach.

"Erik." I calmly say.

"Stay back." He urges, sadness in his voice. "You! You did this!" He screams beginning to choke Moira, which I really don't have a problem with. Erik eventually drops her and she gags.

"Please! She didn't do this, Erik. You did."
Charles bleakly states. I get close enough to bend down and hold Charles's head. I put my free hand on Erik's shoulder.

"Us turning on each other. It's what they want. I tried to warn you, Charles. I want you by my side. We're brothers, you and I. All of us, together. Protecting each other. We're a family. We want the same thing." Erik pleads as I begin to tear up.

"My friend, I'm sorry. But we do not." Charles responds as Erik pauses to take in the words, the betrayal. He stares at Charles with confusion and sadness. Erik slowly begins to get up, letting Moira come over as I scoot to take over holding Charles up. I look up to see Erik begin to walk over to the mutants. He turns around however and kisses my forehead.

"Auf wiedersehen, meine Liebe." He whispers, then his lips leave my forehead, and a tear rolls down my face. I lost him, I lost Erik. I turn to Charles below me.

"Charles, Charles are you okay?" I ask him.

"I'm so sorry Charles. I didn't mean too." Moira begins.

"It's alright." He responds.

"Charles..." I look at him and he puts his hand to my cheek. "Charles it's going to be alright. Everything is going to be okay." I whisper as tears come from my eyes. I lean down and kiss his cheek. Raven comes over to check on Charles.

"You...you should go with him. It's what you want." Charles tells her.

"You promised me you would never read my mind." She jokes, sadly.

"I know. I promised you a great many things, I'm afraid. I'm sorry." Charles sighs. He kisses her hand and she kisses his forehead

"Take care of him." Raven looks at me. "I'll miss you Y/n. And Beast? Never forget, mutant and proud!" She walks with Erik and the other mutants from Shaw's team. Azazel makes them disappear.

"Charles, don't move. Okay?" Hank tells him.

"I won't. Actually, I can...I...I can't feel my legs!" Charles exclaims as we gasp. We get Charles off the beach and into the nearest hospital. Turns out he is paralyzed from the waist down and we cannot do anything about it. I've been spending these past days taking care of him. Hank, Alex, Sean and Moira have been helping.