Feathers and Down

The ride up the elevator was quiet. When Jacin was under Levana's rule, this would have been normal. Everything had been going fine. They had just concluded lunch with Queen Camilla, and she had even agreed to the bioelectricity lock surgery which would take place the next day. The meeting had ended early, and Queen Camilla insisted they head up to their rooms. That was when Winter did it. The unspeakable. "Jacin, go ahead,and head up to our room, I'll be right up in a minute". One of the Queen's guards raised an eyebrow. Then Winter kissed Jacin on the cheek. Kissed him. Queen Camilla, looked surprised. Jacin had no reaction, simply flushed at the ears. They cleaned up their paperwork and headed to the elevator to their suite. 

The ride was short and silent. The walk to the hallway was worse. Winter made several attempts to hold his hand, but Jacin shrugged it off. When they finally got to their room and unlocked the door, Winter sighed and flopped on one of the beds. "Jacin, come sit down", she said, closing her eyes. And waited. And waited. She sat up and looked at Jacin. He was standing quite still. "Jacin!" Winter whined. She stood up and walked over to Jacin, standing. Chest to chest. Nose to nose. If you call it that. Forehead to nose is better. Jacin didn't meet her eyes, his icy blue stare glaring at curl. "Winter." He said. "What happened today could have cost us the agreement". "What happened?" asked Winter innocently. "Was it when I used a salad fork for the steak? Honestly Jacin, I was just trying to lighten up the mood." Jacin gripped her shoulders. "When you kissed me. In front of the queen. In her eyes, ambassadors don't have relationships with guards." Winter giggled.

 Taking his hands, she pulled him to the bed. "I am not a normal ambassador, Jacin, you should know. And besides, you are one of my best friends and I love you!" She drawled out the o in love and you. Cringing, Jacin scooted away. Winter laughed. "Say it Jacin, I know you want to." Jacin did his best to to look puzzled. He inched closer. "What? That you look beautiful today? Or pretty? He sent Winter into fits of giggles again as he gasped and announced, "I know! It's I love you!" She smiled and leaned in for a kiss. Jacin obliged and scooted closer. As her arms circled his neck, the pillow came. Whuump. Winter lay flat one her back, stunned. Laughing, Jacin leaned over her. "What's the matter, Trouble? Can't have a little fun?" Winter laughed and traced her thumb around his cheek in soft circles. Jacin smiled and leaned in for a kiss yet again. 

Their lips had barely brushed when Winter retaliated. She snatched the pillow right next to her and whacked Jacin on the back of the head with it. Their faces collided. Jacin's blue eyes flew open, stunned. Then he smirked. "Oh you're on, Princess." The fight was long and brutal. Many feathers were lost in the process. But in the end, Jacin won. Mainly because Winter, overcome with giggles, toppled off the bed. Jacin pulled her up and sat her on her lap. "What'll be your prize?" Winter panted, exhausted. "Well, you'll think of it being your prize too." Jacin brushed some feathers out of her hair. Then he kissed her. The rest of the day, he thought, would be a very good prize indeed. Winter pulled away. "Okay." Jacin flushed red. "I said that out loud! You weren't supposed to hear that!" Winter laughed again. Then she pulled Jacin close and twisted her fingers through his long, blond, hair. "I'll tell you something you won't want to hear". Jacin braced himself. She leaned toward his ear and whispered, "I'm going to marry you someday." Jacin sighed. He whispered into her ear, "Yes, yes you will." Winter pulled back, her eyes shining. Then she kissed him. And they stayed that way for a very long time. A perfect prize.

~Okay my dudes. Please tell me the truth. I'm sorry. Rate or something. To be honest I don't know what I'm doing. Which is usual. Bye for now.~