Chapter 12 : Apologies and Rivalries.

Start from the beginning

"It's okay", Annie said waving her off but in reality she was a bit ticked off when Anna asked to speak alone to Armin but she calmed down when she saw her bowing her head coming to the conclusion that she came to ask for a favor.

"Thank you and I best leave you both to continue your studies", she said and walked out of the library.

"So Armin. You mind telling me what that was about?", Annie asked facing him.

Oh boy, Amin thought to himself.

"Of course I'm pissed", Eren exclaimed. He and Armin were at the restaurant and Armin had already debriefed him on everything Anna told him.

"Calm down Eren. I know it sounds absurd but we have to do this. He's our teammate and friend", Armin said.

"Yeah yeah I get what you're saying but that doesn't give him the right to brush any of us aside", Eren replied, "but well i could help for Anna's sake. She did apologize for him after all. I could never refuse after all she did for him".

This surprise Armin but he simply chuckled and relaxed on his seat.

"You big softy", Armin smiled at him.

"W-whatever idiot", Eren replied, "but he's still my rival and I am going to beat him".

"Whatever you say", Armin told him.

"Now that that is out of the way, how's your progress going with Annie. I bet you still haven't done anything to take it to the next level", Eren questioned him.

"W-What do you mean", Armin asked knowing where this was going.

"Dammit Armin! Would you man up already. It's clear she's into you too and I know you know so just ask her out and get over with it",

Armin fiddled with his fingers, "I know but I don't want to rush things or make her uncomfortable".

"So Armin, the one who got Mikasa and I together, took 1st in all our school exams, stood up to school bullies, is afraid of asking a girl out. Guess I have to tell Mikasa then"

"No you wouldn't", Armin exclaimed now on high alert. He knew if Eren told Mikasa she'll go directly to Annie and tell her that he wants to go out on a date with her. Armin could never let that happen.

"Okay Eren I'll tell you what, if I ask her out you won't tell Mikasa anything. Deal?"

"When?"

"Soon. Just don't tell Mikasa please", Armin pleaded.

"Deal", Eren replied.

"Thank you. So, aren't you late for your date"

"Shit!".

"You're back". Anna shrieked out of her skin not expecting anyone in her room but she should've known that Finn won't drag this out for long.

"Anna before you say anything let me apologize. I shouldn't have taken out my frustration on you neither should I have shouted on you. That was irresponsible and someone as special as you doesn't deserve that. Please forgive me"

"It's alright. I know we all have our frustrations and-"
"It's not", he cut her off hugging her, "you don't deserve that. You were always with me and I could never have been here if it weren't for you. Please Annie don't try saying it's your fault", he squeezed her tighter and leaned his head on top of hers.

"Promise you'll always talk to me and lean on me when you're distressed", she said.

"I promise", he replied.

"Good but you still have to apologize to them"

"Yes I will. Jeez, way to ruin the moment", Finn said patting her on the head and smiling at her.

"Moron", she replied returning the smile.

Another chapter done . Thank you all for reading and as usual criticism and reviews are appreciated so feel free to do so. Well I have nothing to say so thanks once again and I'll see you all in the next chapter. Bye 👋.
(Next chapter: 2nd of August)