Chapter 1: A bumpy relationship

It was another winter evening and the minister of magic, hermione granger was in a conversation with another ministry friend of hers, Carl Mathews.

"Oh yes,I should get going now.It was lovely talking to you hermione." He smiled at the brunette as he got up.

"No problem,I needed this tea as well." She got up as well.

"I figured,you've been so stressed this week." He nodded.

"Yeah.It's been so hectic lately."

"But for the youngest ever minister of magic,the brightest witch of her age,it's a challenge isn't it?" He grinned.

Hermione laughed at this. "Yeah,it is."

"Alright,then I'll see you a few days later,after I arrive from spain?" He grins.

"Yes,absolutely.Alright,see you then! Have a great journey!" Hermione smiled as he walked out with a smile on his face.

"Thank you!"

She looked back down onto her files and sighed deeply.

"Long day,I suppose?"

She looked up again.a bit startled to hear a voice,to see a very cranky looking Ronald weasley,leaning against the doorframe of her office.

"Hi Ron! I didn't see you there.What brings you here?" She smiled at him,hoping it would clear his face.

"Who was that man hermione?" He asked his eyes spoke of jealousy.

"It was just a friend of mine Ron,carl." She replied sighing and looking back down to her files.
She was just sick of Ron and his insecure,jealous behaviour.

"A friend?"

"Yes Ronald a friend!" She exclaimed,irriated by his accusing tone.

"Fine,I came here to take you back home,since I figured you were too busy in your work." He shrugs.

"I'm almost done with this file bu-

"Hermione,can't you give at least a little bit of your time to me?" He interrupted her with a frown.

"Sorry ron bu-

He snorted but then he sighed. "Please hermione?" He says in a pleading but forceful tone.

She sighs.
There was no way Ron would let her finish the file,so she decided to give in,just like every time they argued about her work.

"Fine,let's go." She gets up from her chair,closes the file,keeps it back in the cupboard and walks towards Ron ,motioning for him to start walking.

"Finally,you're such a workaholic hermione,you never chill." Ron sighs,raising his hands up in exasperation.

This was too much now.
They had this same conversation every fricking day!

"Ron! I'm the minister of magic for gods sake!" She frowns at him as they stop walking.

He looks at her with a blank face, but then it turns into a scoffing face.

Tired and upset,she sighs. "Leave it, you won't understand."

He doesn't reply as they walk in the dark and into a fancy restaurant she and Ron had discovered in muggle london a few months ago.

They find a seat in their usual place and a waitress comes over to them with a cheerful face and a notepad in hand.
"Hi! What can I get you two?"