Chapter 4

Refreshed. That's what I felt as I walked with Kurusu-san to the cafeteria. After a long lecture on punctuality and work effort from Hyuga-sensei, I was ready to just relax and eat with my new friends. "What are you going to eat then? I haven't decided properly yet." Kurusu-san inquired, looking in the direction of one of the menus. "Hmm. I don't know actually." I answered, feeling my stomach grow hungrier by the minute. "Should we go get a better look then?" Nodding along to the blonde's suggestion, I fumbled to get my card out of my blazer pocket. We had been instructed to use these for buying food from facilities around the campus. "I'm coming!" Or not. The minute I had started chasing after the blue-eyed male, I tripped over my own feet. Again!? The card I was holding flew out of my hand and started fluttering to the ground to. "Woah! Gotcha!" Catching me gracefully, Kurusu-san grabbed my card as well, before lifting me up into his chest. "You alright?" It was then that I realised how close we were. I felt my face heat up and I tried averting my eyes. "Yeah..." I muttered hopelessly. "Careful Ochibi-chan. I had my eyes on the lady first." A suave voice spoke from beside the two of us. "Ochibi-chan!? Ren! My name is Syo Kurusu! Not Ochibi-chan!" In a rage, Kurusu-san helped me up and then went straight to arguing with Jinguji-san. I didn't entirely know what to do, so I just stood there awkwardly. "Lovely to see you again Kitten. He wasn't bothering you was he?" I was shocked. Bothering me? "Umm. No... He helped me Jinguji-san." Jinguji-san gave me an unreadable look, before a new voice cut through the conversation swiftly. "A flirt, as always." I gazed behind myself, to spot a blue-haired boy giving Jinguji-san a cold eye. "And as always, you're a stiff." Jinguji-san sauntered closer to the unusually coloured-hair boy, his face contorted into that of someone unamused. "W-Woah! Your lifesaver "B" was Ren Jinguji?" A voice questioned from right beside my ear. I shrieked, startled by the arrival of my friend. "Tomo-chan!" I yelped, still shocked. "Sorry. He helped you though, right?" I nodded. "Do you know him?" She shook her head slightly. "I don't know him... He's famous!" I found myself gaping. "Really?" She gave me a strange smile. "Yeah. He's a scion of the Jinguji Financial Group." My mouth fell open even more. "Really?!" Tomo-chan nodded. "And that's Masato Hijirikawa. Scion to the Hijirikawa Financial Group." I tilted my head. "Masato Hijirikawa?"

"Hey that's that guy that helped you before!" I snapped out my dazed state when Otoya's voice screamed next to my other ear. "Why!?" Otoya gave me a sheepish smile, rubbing the back of his head embarrassed. "Sorry. Anyway. Isn't that the guy that helped us?" I nodded calmly.

"ELIZABETH!"

Not giving me time to think, a loud voice echoed across the cafeteria and I felt myself looking in it's direction. It was hurtling at us! I squeaked helplessly, before a strong arm pulled me out the way, spinning me in the process. "Hey get off me!" Otoya cried in desperation from behind me. It must've hit him. I was going to look, when I realised the arm was still barred around my waist. I glanced up in confusion, and found Hijirikawa-san observing me. "That was close." My eyes grew wide, and I clumsily pushed myself away from the taller male, face in flames. "Th-Thank you." He looked at the floor with a stern face. "No need to thank me."

"Hey what was that about!? Someone could've got hurt!" Tomo-chan yelled, hands on her hips. "Oww." Otoya whined, rubbing his back from where he fell. "Otoya!" Quickly, I rushed to his side and helped him up. "I'm good. I'm good." He reassured, wincing as he stood up properly. "I beg your pardon. She looks so much like Elizabeth that I lost it for a second there..." The new person tried explaining. I gave him a confused face. "E-Eli...?" Tomochika stuttered, face in utter shock. "She looks like someone from another country?" Nanami-san asked in my place, as she appeared beside Tomo-chan. "No, our family dog." I gave a brief moment to think about what he said but I could only imagine myself dancing around in a dog costume. "Ahhh! Elizabeth, so tiny and cute! We've been apart ever since I moved into the dorms!" I sweatdropped, along with a few others. "I'm Natsuki Shinomiya. I love things that are small and cute." He put his hand out in front of me, as I stumbled for words. "C-Cute?" Was all that managed to come out. Tomochika, who had seemingly noticed my predicament, started first. "Tomochika Shibuya. In A Class." She butted in front of me, guarding me with one arm. "Otoya Ittoki. Also in A Class!" My best friend continued. "I'm Nanami Haruka. I sit next to Tomo-chan in A Class." Smiling, I decided to state my name too. "Raven Shimura. Composer in S Class." Shinomiya-san let out a weird noise. "Soo cute!" I was in disbelief as he latched himself onto me, even with my friends in front. "Oi! Get off her you over-excited puppy." I hung there lifelessly, as Kurusu-san detached Shinomiya-san's arms from me. "You don't just hug people like that?! When will you learn!?" He howled, one hand holding Shinomiya-san's collar. "Sorry sorry... but she's even cuter than you Syo-chan." I raised a brow. "Syo-chan? Oh you mean Kurusu-san right?" The giant bobbed his head up and down. "Yeah Syo-chan! He's just so cute and cuddly!" Syo looked like he was about to explode. "I'm not cute! I'm manly! Remember that and get it through your big skull!" Tomochika sighed as the two blondes continued arguing back and fourth. 

"Such a ruckus."

"Just chatting away over there."

"Someone should tell them to shut up."

"Totally."

"They're just so pointless."

"It's that girl that was hanging out with Ren-kun before!"

"Ugh. What does he see in her?"

The rumours, though quiet in context, were deafening. It was like a knife was being stabbed into my chest over and over again. Was I really that bad? With those thoughts in my head, I continued the day.

"The level of males here is off the charts." Tomochika stated as we sat at our table in the cafeteria. "Level?" Nanami-san questioned. "It's tough being a girl when there are so many hot princes around. I guess you could say they're, "Princes of Song". Or something like that..." Tomo-chan threw her hands down in an exasperated motion. "Princes of Song...?" I muttered after her.

"There!" Nanami-san clapped her hands as she finished putting up a poster of someone. "Who is it?" I questioned, trying to look over her shoulder. "It's a poster of HAYATO-sama. He's my idol." I nodded, observing the poster carefully. He looked a lot like someone... but who? "Today wore me out. And I mean no offence by this Haruka... but isn't HAYATO just a totally frivolous, comedy Idol? He's all like... 'I hope everyone's doing fine on this great day!'."  Haruka sighed in disappointment. "But... HAYATO-sama's songs are wonderful.